Accordman722's G23 Build.

jdmcg3

Reaction score
Re: Accorman722's G23 Build.

F23 is the best block. H22 and F20b are pretty much the same engine. Almost identical

h22 and f20b are completely different.. stroke, bore, rod length, c/r. the only thing thats the same about them is the FRM sleeves.

but this thread is at 7 pages and theres not one pic :eusa_doh:

Accordman722

Reaction score

h22 and f20b are completely different.. stroke, bore, rod length, c/r. the only thing thats the same about them is the FRM sleeves.

but this thread is at 7 pages and theres not one pic :eusa_doh:

I was talking about the power they produce.. the stats are almost identical.

jdmcg3

Reaction score

^ still not the same.. h22a1 is running out the factory with 186hp while the f20b is only hitting the streets with 148hp

AFAccord

Reaction score

^ still not the same.. h22a1 is running out the factory with 186hp while the f20b is only hitting the streets with 148hp

You're comparing a DOHC to a SOHC. The DOHC F20B has 197hp and 147tq, though I still don't understand why Accord guy's swap this engine into such a heavy chassis.

It produces less torque than a stock F23 which is what moves the weight. Its only saving grace is a using the longer powerband in conjunction with short gearing for better torque multiplication and winding the piss out of it. It may be slightly quicker than a stock F23 due to gearing, but any perception of significant gains is just a placebo from the extra noise.

"It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing." -Shakespeare

The torque curve of an H22 is much better suited for a heavier chassis and can be had with the same short gearing, while the H23A would still be my preferred swap.

Last edited:

AFAccord

Reaction score

I was talking about the power they produce.. the stats are almost identical.

Specs are only one piece of the puzzle. Look at the torque curves to see where their peak torque is produced and how consistent it's delivered, then consider what transmission it's typically paired with. That will give you a better idea of how well it will motivate a car.

The F20B (DOHC) was purpose built to fit into a 2.0L class for road racing in a chassis that is lighter than ours. It's high rpm capabilities do little for a 6th gen's acceleration potential and drivability.

jdmcg3

Reaction score

AF always be coming through with the good info..

i wonder what i was looking at when i got the numbers for the f20b?

Accordman722

Reaction score

Thanks for the info Af! Ill be glad to produce tourque with the F23 bottom and h22 head. Should bhe interesting :) looked at a chart comparing K vs G and G made more who and torque

Back