Acetone to gas?

dynasty

Reaction score
After watching this video, it sounds convincing since this guy done a lot of mods to electrical stuff. To be brief, this guy added PURE acetone to his gas and it gave him more than 10+ MPG. It sounds legit but how long would it last until the car blow up? Anyone have any input?

EDIT_Sorry! Forgot to add the link to the video.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/524517/double_your_gas_mileage_2x/

Last edited:

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
my friend's a huge chemistry nut and he's been telling me to try this for a while. he says it only takes like a teaspoon or so.

but I can't imagine its good for seals

NINaudio

Reaction score
acetone is gonna be hell on any seals not specifically made for high chemical resistance. Since the ones in our car are mainly made for resitance to oils and high temps I'd be worried about the long term effects...

white beauty

Reaction score
ehh, id be a little hesitant to put acetone in my gas, besides accords get great gas mileage anyway, there really is no need for that, in our cars at least

WhiteAccord

Banned
Reaction score
Ive done it before.. it does give you better gas mileage only because its a substance that can be used to clean out your injectors, clean up any clogs, etc..... There is a product off the shelf that is sold... but I dont remebr the name or the place i got it from.. but it does work.

And yet again I was the guinne pig...

ditbu13oi

Reaction score
DON'T DO IT. ACETONE DOES NOTHING TO THE CAR. I've done it for about 5 fill ups, same thing. no result

dynasty

Reaction score
HAHA. now i'm getting mixed answers now. one say it works the other say it doesn't. i might be a guinnea pig and try it out myself.. but on the camry.. not on my accord. LOL

osiriskidd

Reaction score
doesn't work. there was a link somewhere where a guy put like 10 different chemicals and they all failed.

Back