Acura TL Dash in CG2

Brad2274

Reaction score
Re: (Complete!)Acura TL Dash in CG2

Good job and all, but...the pros don't seem to justify the effort, for me. The extra outlet is meh. Im almost never in my console and hooking up a light wouldn't be hard. Gated shifter can be done. Big fuel light, outside temp, and card holders aren't worthy of this much trouble. I do really like the idea of having AC vents in the rear but I imagine that could be fabbed or made to work as well. Id rather have extra cup holders and an armrest than AC vents, lol.

All-in-all, good job though. I've always liked this interior but wasn't a fan of the TLs exterior. Not this gen anyway.

thanks, yeah those pros are just advantages besides having a much different dash, i did the swap mostly for the looks. CLS dash is exactly the same besides the center console and cluster(which im adding soon) i wish the 04-08 tls dash would fit but the subframe looks too different, plus they're sooo expensive lol

KombatVirus

Reaction score

Wow that is one hell of a job, but the results are nothing short of amazing :bowroflwerd6:

Top quality job, rep added!

bairdandrew77

Reaction score

Amazing how well it fits, looks just like it belongs in there. The cluster and shifter are easily my favorite things about it :thumbup: Still too much for me to attempt haha wiring must've been fun!

Matt1264

Reaction score

Hey so are you able to use the "manual" shift mode on the gated shifter? And what do you shift into for drive since there is no 5th gear is D5 just like a dummy spot?

Brad2274

Reaction score

sadly no, id have to have the tranny and the ecu for that to work :/
D5=D4
D4=D3
D3=2
1/2=1
little weird i know but works perfectly fine, they all show up on the cluster correctly except for d4, might be bad wiring idk.
i usually bump it into the sport mode section when i drive because it feels secure lol idk why really.

Ghost Ryder

Reaction score

Wow! I've been away from this thread for a while. Very nice work sir!

Last edited:

Brad2274

Reaction score

thanks, there's gonna be a lot more progress once i have money, this was just one of those Wow-thats-cheap-and-i-can-put-it-in-my-car mods, i was expecting to pay $300 for the dash swap sometime in the future but someone was parting out a tl before scrapping it so i jumped on it for cheap.

btw your interior is coming out sweet, very Oem +, i wanna do something like your cluster/gauges but with a cl type s cluster, ever seen electroluminescent wire in dashes? im thinking about it

Last edited:

Ghost Ryder

Reaction score

thanks, there's gonna be a lot more progress once i have money, this was just one of those Wow-thats-cheap-and-i-can-put-it-in-my-car mods, i was expecting to pay $300 for the dash swap sometime in the future but someone was parting out a tl before scrapping it so i jumped on it for cheap.

btw your interior is coming out sweet, very Oem +, i wanna do something like your cluster/gauges but with a cl type s cluster, ever seen electroluminescent wire in dashes? im thinking about it

Its hard to pass up a good deal on a cheap buy for a major project. Glad to see it going well and you haven't become discouraged.

Thanks for the compliments too. The electroluminescent wire intrigues me.:coffee: I would like to see something with this. Although it is my opion that hiding the wire just behind the edge of something would give it a more refined look. An ambiance if you will.

Brad2274

Reaction score

just ordered a 1999 TL cluster for 35$ :D hopefull this will fix the fuel/temp problem

FNCONE

Reaction score

SO COOL i havent been on in a while im also trying to finish mine on a sedan YES ITS CONFIRMED looks nice in a sedan the way honda should of!!!...what problem are u having with fuel and temp? mine is wired up fine.... and dont worry about the d5 nothing you can do about that you wired it correctly its just we dont have the circuitry the TL ecu Has so d4 IS d5 dont worry

Back