Adding some color to the car...

arise257

Reaction score
So I've got a black 99 EX Coupe. I have plans to get the Enkei WDM gunmetal wheels for the car. Thing is, I wanted the wheels to match something on my car, and I don't want to stick with silver wheels. Thus, I was thinking of doing vinyl gunmetal grey (or very dark grey) racing stripes on the car.

I've been told by too many people that this would totally rice my ride or that racing stripes are for american cars - a sentiment I'm not entirely sold on. I think if they're subtle (which dark grey on black would be) it could actually look cool.

What's your take on this? Have any of you seen a good stripe on the Accord? What are some other options for adding some color to the car without going too far?

BPAccord

*DAIGAKUSOTSU*
Reaction score
Well number one...i think it would be pointless.....is ur car at least dropped a bit.....because if you're plannin on leavin the car stock ride height...then jus throwin wheels on the car and then adding stripes for some color...then yea....wat everyone has told u is right....thats rice.....
dont get me wrong...ive seen a couple cars with stripes and sometimes they look good and sometimes they look nice....but its wat theyve done to the car previously that makes it flow right with the car....

bhdelz.jpg

He has a stripe on his car......but the fact that makes it look decent is that fact that he has other mods on his car to compliment it along with the stripe......and sorry b1L@L for using the pic....

SilverAggie

Reaction score
^+1 BPAccord that car right there def. flows but only because the sideskirts and drop and blackhousings. If those weren't there then it would look like complete donkeyass

arise257

Reaction score
Yeah, the car would be dropped first and then the new wheels would go on, and then the stripes. Right now, I look totally stock except for the headlights (HID projector kit) and black Grillcraft grilles in the front.

Bilal's stripes on his ride look nice, and I didn't think about running them down the side. It definitely moves with the lines of the car much better than ones down the center of the car. I might have to jack that idea ftw.

As for the lip kits that he has, looks nice, but it's not my style. I don't think you need those to pull off the stripes he has. I do agree that the car has to be lowered and the wheels upgraded before the stripes have any place on the car.

Theory208

Reaction score
I'm a fan of 3 color schemes. 2 main colors, first being one color paint, with black. And an accent color (headlights/ wheels). Black is almost a given cause the wheel wells are black, shadows are near black, deep within the grills is black and of course wheels are black. What was built around it? since you sort of can't get rid of it. I'm not a fan of racing stripes, they confuse me... is the car trying to be blue or white, ie- dodge neon. BPAccord's sig is a good example, white, black, chrome, with the yellow in lights, props! I'm no Foose, just imo.

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
After seeing what Foose did with that one import they had on Overhaulin'.... I'd be afraid as HELLLLL to give my car to him.

He's a genius when it comes to domestic and customs tho. love his designs.

arise257

Reaction score
I'm a fan of 3 color schemes. 2 main colors, first being one color paint, with black. And an accent color (headlights/ wheels). Black is almost a given cause the wheel wells are black, shadows are near black, deep within the grills is black and of course wheels are black. What was built around it? since you sort of can't get rid of it. I'm not a fan of racing stripes, they confuse me... is the car trying to be blue or white, ie- dodge neon. BPAccord's sig is a good example, white, black, chrome, with the yellow in lights, props! I'm no Foose, just imo.

I'm sorry, I'm a little bit confused by this... I'm not sure what your point is.

Going with your 3-color scheme though:

My main color is (duh): Black, and I've carried that through with my black Grillcrafts in front (I have both the upper and lower grilles). The inner housings of my headlights are black but the lenses are clear, I have no plans to smoke or tint them.

My second color will be: Gunmetal grey, or dark grey, whatever you want to call it. This would be in the wheels and the stripes (should I decide that I definitely want them).

My third would be: Chrome - all the door trim is chrome, the new slotted discs on my car are still very clean, the honda emblems, etc...

So that's how it's all gonna come together and in my mind, it seems pretty balanced.

Back