AEM V2 Horsepower Gains

PurpleSh4rk

Reaction score
I'm going to be getting an AEM V2 CAI for my 2000 Accord V6 tomorrow and I'm just wondering how much HP gain I should expect from it.

Accord_V6_400m

Reaction score
Its the same thing, I think you'll get more if you stick with the V1 and just do the same IAT sensor relocation. That's what I was told years ago when it came out.

PurpleSh4rk

Reaction score
Its the same thing, I think you'll get more if you stick with the V1 and just do the same IAT sensor relocation. That's what I was told years ago when it came out.
Is there a big difference in the sound characteristics between the V1 and V2?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
You will not feel much of anything from having only an intake, for our cars they make noise and that's about it. The biggest difference will be the sound. And I would think the V2 would sound better.

av6_sm1ke

Reaction score
Yes, the V2 makes a humming sound at idle, and sounds much throatier at WOT than a standard cold air intake. The V2 also makes a whistling noise at certain RPMs that I never noticed with an eBay cold air intake. Not sure if it has something to do with the piping.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
You won't gain nearly as much as aem claims. It's really not worth it, just mod your original intake

v6indodarknight

Reaction score
i had it... i sold it...

its was good and all... the noise is beautiful...

but in difference in hp or acceleration... maybe a little... but not noticeable...

and its $300...

Back