After market air intake... In your opinion ...

01SilverAccord

Reaction score

Hi all,
I just have one quick question about after market air intake system. In your opinion, is it worth to install on our car?????
I know, I know.. "Search" function. I did and the information is overwhelm. Some people claims it helps with gas mileage,some says it does more harm than good...
I just want our members opinion and what they really experience.
Thanks.

SSMNVCG3

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's not going to do much for performance but it will make the engine sound louder and deeper. And some people feel it looks nicer then the oem intake.
I personally like it better and feel its worth it.

If you're interested i also have an aem short ram intake with aem filter for sale.
if interested pm me

cfox28

Reaction score
^+1

since it's essentially an over priced pipe, you can save some money and get an ebay intake. although, if you go that route, upgrade the filter

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
It's for looks or sound. Don't concern yourself with power or fuel economy when buying one.

sb001

Banned
Reaction score
^ What he said.

I bought an AEM years ago for my 01 Accord, thinking (as the manufacturer claimed) that it would help my fuel mileage. It did nothing for my fuel mileage and I absolutely HATED that stupid *** droning sound. And it IS stupid. I went back to stock within a week.

01SilverAccord

Reaction score

Base on the feed backs, sounds like it does more harm than good.
Dirt and debris have better chance getting to the engine. OEM looks big and bulky but better protection.
How does the car start in the winter time with temp around 10 or less in degree??
Will it be more difficult to start the car???

01SilverAccord

Reaction score
It's not going to do much for performance but it will make the engine sound louder and deeper. And some people feel it looks nicer then the oem intake.
I personally like it better and feel its worth it.

If you're interested i also have an aem short ram intake with aem filter for sale.
if interested pm me

If you like it, why selling bro???

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
J series sound amazing with an intake. Love mine.

don't worry about dirt and such, it doesn't matter at all. Winter driving is unaffected.

SSMNVCG3

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score

If you like it, why selling bro???

I'm selling it because i got a new intake that's wrapped in carbon fiber and looks much better then the polished aem intake.

VS

And i haven't had any issues starting my car with the short ram or the cold air intake i used to have. The last couple winters it regularly hit below 0, and the coldest i had to start my car in last winter was -12 and it just took a couple extra seconds but that's normal in really cold weather.

Back