Aftermarket Exhaust EPA standards

AbflugSupra

Reaction score
This has probably been answered already, but i have a question about aftermarket cat-back exhausts. I have a 1999 Honda Accord 2dr V6 and i plan on buying an aftermarket cat-back because i have to replace my existing exhaust due to rust and corrosion. a lot of the ones i've been looking at seem to replace the cat and i was wondering if this is still EPA regulated and standard. i have to get my E-Check soon so i don't want to buy a full cat-back and not be legal lol. most of these exhausts should have an "EPA standard" statement or something to go along with it, but they don't. hope you guys can help me with my situation! thanks!

finch13

Reaction score
CARB stuff usually only applies to California vehicles. As long as you don't alter the rest of the exhaust system you should be fine... after the cat you're just changing looks and sounds.

AbflugSupra

Reaction score
well the problem i thought would be that a lot of the catback systems on the market replace the catalytic converter with new piping to gain more horsepower so it connects straight to the headers, or am i wrong? i have no ideaaaa

BPAccord

*DAIGAKUSOTSU*
Reaction score
Nah...Cat-back is simply wat it is...its from the catalytic converter and back...unless u fully gut the cat or run a straight pipe to ur header then ur messing with the catalytic converter....

AbflugSupra

Reaction score
then i guess i was under the wrong impression this whole time haha. when i think "cat-back," i've always thought it was replacing the cat all the way to the back. thanks guys! love 6thgenaccord.com :)

Back