aftermarket fenders?

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
Phut said:
most CF body panels aren't even clear coated. like most of the descriptions on various websites say, there's a UV protectant on there. from my understanding, it's just some kind of UV protectant agent mixed into the gel/resin coat.

i would just stick to OEM fenders. get into a fender bender would suck.

Actually, I was proven wrong about this a few days ago. Most CF pproducts are clear coated now. When I had my CF hood on my 240SX, it was gel coat. But clear coat has taken over, gel coat is expensive. Not to say it's not still used, but gel coat isn't as common anymore. I thought everything CF was gel coat.

Phut

Reaction score
Totalimmortal said:
Actually, I was proven wrong about this a few days ago. Most CF pproducts are clear coated now. When I had my CF hood on my 240SX, it was gel coat. But clear coat has taken over, gel coat is expensive. Not to say it's not still used, but gel coat isn't as common anymore. I thought everything CF was gel coat.
really? i guess manufacturers are finally stepping up.

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
Yea, I was under the impression everything was still gel coated. It's been awhile since I've had any large CF products.

sneak

Reaction score
Jeffro said:
I don't care for this look at all, but if you like it, maybe its what you're thinkin'?

fender3ct0.jpg

actually i don't really see how this relates because he has stock fenders but this does bring another interesting question about the rolling of the fenders... how do the fender flares attach and are they in the way?

Phut

Reaction score
you should be able to roll the fenders as long as their metal right? if it's fiberglass, i'm not sure how one would go about removing that inner fender lip.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Phut said:
you should be able to roll the fenders as long as their metal right? if it's fiberglass, i'm not sure how one would go about removing that inner fender lip.
Do fiberglass fenders have an inner lip? I don't see the point. Anyway, aftermarket finders just never look right. The fit is bad almost always. I've yet to see a pair that actually fits the look of the car, etc. CF fenders, even if oem look really weird without painting, especially with a carbon hood and bumpers. Painted, their is negilgiable wieight loss.

Back