Air Cabin filter replacement Video

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I'm wondering if taking out the glove box is really necessary, or if he just did that to show you what the fixture looks like.

chaby_91

Reaction score
^ it probably makes it easier enough that it's worth the trouble of removing it.

You don't need a flashlight or to lean on the car while looking up --> You get more light + room

JDM_Rook

Reaction score
I did this two weeks ago and didn't notice the screw at 0:50 on the video. Thought it was just a clip holding it in there and broke that end piece of off the lower dash cover. Didn't seem to lose my rigidity, though. Oh and the carbon filled air filter i used definitely helps with oders. I could tell when driving by the local sewage plant, it wasn't as harsh.

rizzy

Reaction score
can the filter be washed or cleaned with compressed air for a compressor, or dose it have to be replaced?

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
rizzy said:
can the filter be washed or cleaned with compressed air for a compressor, or dose it have to be replaced?
It "dose" have to be replaced.

mossberg

Reaction score
Replaced the cabin air filters today. Nasty. Wish I had a portable vac to get the leaves in the compartment the filter housings sit in. Money saved by DIY'ing this help fund (and rationalize in my mind) the impact driver I used for this. :happy107:

In case it helps someone, one thing I find helpful when disassembling things that have multiple screws, nuts, etc., is to use a small parts organizer (very helpful if you get interrupted in the middle of a project and have to come back to it later). I scribble a note on where each fastener came from on a scrap of paper and place it with the fastener into a compartment. $4 for the organizer and a little time to write where each fastener came from, but it saves a lot of time in looking for screws/nuts and figuring out where they go when reassembling. And for repeat projects like cabin air filter replacement, I keep those scraps of paper, sequenced in order of disassembly, in a paper clip. Just make sure to resist the temptation to use the organizer for permanent storage - keep one empty so that it's ready to go for the next project.

Last edited:
Back