air suspension

gt58

Reaction score
IHS-C-SCSAFB_LRG.jpg

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Im not. Using a big rig as an example. Clearly the technology is out there. Its been out for years. Im suprised that it hasnt been applied to cars more.

It's been applied to many cars, just not a 6GA. Partially because the system would be likely worth more than the car itself lol. But a couple members have done it. Just search it up.

Bags are usually found on higher end cars, I see them on Audi's, VW's, etc.

iHazSnail

Reaction score
^this
k-sport just developed a system for our cars and their top of the line model costs about 5k in parts alone. Install would be figure another 1k.
Its cheaper to put an oil pan and fix bumpers and lips and easier to do so too. Air ride is just another thing that is expensive to fix and def not for dd or people who live in cooler area's.
I do like the thought of raising or slamming at will though.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
As far as I understand, bags are pita to maintain. Not a reliable way for a daily imo, but it's definitely cool to have them though.

lashlee

Reaction score
The hardest part off all of them is keeping the lines sealed, and keeping everything dry. If you live in an area with all seasons of weather than you'd better be ready to have another way to work once everything is frozen.

Now is that a problem exclusive on air ride cars? I used to have a ford f250 deasel with a air suspension and never had any problems with freezing. As long as the air tank is drained of excess h2o there shouldnt b a issue rite? Or am i missing something? if 18 wheelers can run both air suspension and air brakes during the winter then why cant we? What am i missing?[/QUOTE]

An OEM system generally works without much hassle. The kit you would install an 6th gen, or most cars for that matter, is an aftermarket kit. If you aren't careful with the fittings you will have leaks. If you don't use a line drier you will have moisture issues. I drove a straight truck during the summers out of high school and during the holidays during college and we kept cans of air line drier in all of the trucks since they were older trucks that could lock up if the trailer was left to sit for a period of time in cold weather. Long story short it's do able but it's definitely something that has to be maintained, much more so than a coilover or spring/strut kit.

00Txcoupe

Reaction score
A buddy of mine had a show 2000 accord. Was white then he two-toned it blk/red. He had bags and never had any issues with it. Took me a while to find pics but here are 2 I found. Not the best quality.
udydane8.jpg
8yzunu8u.jpg
and here's the YouTube link for the bags in action, hope the link works:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=edgar%202000%20accord&source=web&cd=5&ved=0CEQQtwIwBA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DELMEtUBGI4c&ei=XDzRUNKWBOTB2wWe4IC4Dg&usg=AFQjCNEq0yhHRgufd5xUpCwaA0tnjhcLYw&bvm=bv.1355534169,d.b2I

Back