Alarm Module Location

AccordUser

Reaction score
Okay 6thgen family. I need a definite answer on this one. I have looked on three separate occasions IN MY CAR and cannot find the Control Module for the alarm. I have used multiple threads including this one,

http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26992&highlight=alarm+module&page=2

I have looked under the dash and all i see is a black box with a blue plug. It has an orange label on it, but doesnt look like the module pictured in the thread (link provided).
I have also googled actual images of the module and they turn up to be the same. can someone or a combination of people please tell me three things:

1. WHERE are the possible locations
2. WHAT DOES IT LOOK LIKE
3. Within the thread provided, it seems that nyknick1015 has it narrowed down, but his information is a bit too vague for me, words such as "dash" and "all the way under" trigger multiple possibilities for me.

The only solid piece of information that I actually have is that it is under the driver side dash SOMEWHERE

Also, I plan to experiment with the different modes such as auto, and autolock, and I will not be adjusting the sensitivity, or the horn/siren since I dont have an aftermarket siren on it.

Pictures would be great to if you have some and information on these other two modes if you know about them. Thanks.

*******OEM HONDA ALARM SYSTEM***********

I found this within a pdf which shows how one would install the OEM alarm. However, when I Remove this dash piece, I see the location for these screws, but there is no bracket nor module there. Pic Below
Untitled.jpg

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Brad2274 has every wiring diagram for the 6GA, if you get the right diagram from him maybe you could trace one of the wires to the module.

Brad2274

Reaction score
well my stuff is for a 99 v6 coupe but should be similar, found all this in the accesories section under "alarm Module" section

hope it helps, let me know if you need something else

AccordUser

Reaction score
well my stuff is for a 99 v6 coupe but should be similar, found all this in the accesories section under "alarm Module" section

hope it helps, let me know if you need something else

I appreciate the reply. However, when I removed the kickpanel from drivers side. I DO see the three screw mount locations that the box is 'supposed to mount to. I don't have any box there at all nor do I have the nice cushion stuff. Ill probably have to do what redryder said but without a diagram, trace a single wire to the culprit. Ill probably start with my horn. I also do not have a siren. I am starting to this maybe my Honda just doesnt have one.

Back