Alarm Module Location

Brad2274

Reaction score
i have an EX, diagrams are telling me keyless entry stuff is within the passenger multiplexer, you having problems with your alarm or something? ive never seen anyone with that honda optional alarm i posted pics of, if you had it and it was removed youd probably see that huge plug dangling that goes into the left of it.

AccordUser

Reaction score
i have an EX, diagrams are telling me keyless entry stuff is within the passenger multiplexer, you having problems with your alarm or something? ive never seen anyone with that honda optional alarm i posted pics of, if you had it and it was removed youd probably see that huge plug dangling that goes into the left of it.

No, im not having problems. I want to try the different modes of the alarm. Such as the auto mode. I guess if its within the multiplexor im not gonna be able to do it then. I figured since that control unit that you showed me had multiple options of arming, that maybe the alarm that came with my car does too. But im losing hope everyday lol.

Solidus

Reaction score
Hey AccordUser, I did a lot of looking for this because my trunk release is not working properly and it is intertwined with the alarm system. I looked under both dash panel sides. Everything alarm related is on the passenger side. Only thing on driver side is the horn wiring linked to the alarm. You wont find any black box module like that because that is for someone who has no factory alarm at all and installs factory alarm later.

The lock and unlock relays for the doors are on the passenger side multiplex. As far as trunk relays there appears to be none. The alarm in a ex or higher is simply the receiver (receives signal from wireless remote), wiring to horn and passenger multiplex and several fuses. If something goes bad with system or you want to change something it could be

1)Receiver
2)Passenger multiplex
3)Fuses
4)Passenger side Door Lock/Unlock Relays
5)Hood Latch
6)Trunk Latch

Hope this Helps

Solidus

Reaction score
I want to try the different modes of the alarm. Such as the auto mode.

Now auto mode you mean auto alarm on?

Cause I can tell you from experience that an EX has auto alarm if you have your doors locked and unlock them without opening the door they will relock within 1 min. If you open the door after unlocking this will void the auto lock and is purposely set this way so you dont lock your keys in.

Now if your looking to have auto lock set on a consistant timer so to speak so it locks whether you open the door or not you might need to go aftermarket.

AccordUser

Reaction score
Hey AccordUser, I did a lot of looking for this because my trunk release is not working properly and it is intertwined with the alarm system. I looked under both dash panel sides. Everything alarm related is on the passenger side. Only thing on driver side is the horn wiring linked to the alarm. You wont find any black box module like that because that is for someone who has no factory alarm at all and installs factory alarm later.

The lock and unlock relays for the doors are on the passenger side multiplex. As far as trunk relays there appears to be none. The alarm in a ex or higher is simply the receiver (receives signal from wireless remote), wiring to horn and passenger multiplex and several fuses. If something goes bad with system or you want to change something it could be

1)Receiver
2)Passenger multiplex
3)Fuses
4)Passenger side Door Lock/Unlock Relays
5)Hood Latch
6)Trunk Latch

Hope this Helps

It does thanks. Im not gonna go to an aftermarket alarm. Not sure how long ill have my accord. Looking into a ridgeline or titan.

AccordUser

Reaction score
Now auto mode you mean auto alarm on?

Cause I can tell you from experience that an EX has auto alarm if you have your doors locked and unlock them without opening the door they will relock within 1 min. If you open the door after unlocking this will void the auto lock and is purposely set this way so you dont lock your keys in.

Now if your looking to have auto lock set on a consistant timer so to speak so it locks whether you open the door or not you might need to go aftermarket.

It is really a shame that honda didnt include these options on the factory installed alarm.

Back