aligning trunk lid?

xmsleepr

Reaction score
So last year a truck bumped my car at work while park and dented it luckly I found one on craigslist from a part out same color as mines and bolted it one aand it was raised on the drivers side by like 1/4" but it never bothered me because water didn't geet it so I didn't see a problem.
Last week I put my bass in aand came to realize that the rattling I get from trunk comes from the lid not sealing all the way becauuse when I push it down it stops rattling...

How do I asjust the lid?

xmsleepr

Reaction score
when the bass is off and u close the trunk , is it flush with quarter panel?

Its not its raised about a quarter inch like I said it never bothered me before and theee cars never been in an accident and the trunk lid is OEM came from a part out thaat was the same color so I got it right away.

mkdb89-02se

Reaction score
o my bad

ok go inside trunk and tha striker has 2 10 mm bolts u loosin and adjust until u found were u want it

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
or grab the sides thats higher and pull that towards u while pushing the other side out..twisting the decklid sorta speak. poping and cracking is ok to hear when doing this.

if not lower the rubber bump stop on the higher side and adjust the striker accordingly.

mkdb89-02se

Reaction score
its not to easy to tell what exactly needs to happen with no pics
if u can close ups on rear glass area, bumper area and quarters

xmsleepr

Reaction score
Hmm ill post pics in a little bit when I get home if I move sstriker plate wouldn't that affect the other side too?

mkdb89-02se

Reaction score
yea but, tha stiker might be shifting trunk so if u want remover striker close lid lightly with one finger in center of trunk as little presure as possible or hold it down with a piece of tape, then look at trunk and see if it still tha same if same not stricker refer to 1nonlyaccord
if looks corrected put striker in but leeave a lil loose and close trunk adjust as need ed
striker might just be off center

xmsleepr

Reaction score
ok so i adjusted the striker and now it sits flush and seals much better and the rattling issue is gone :) but ill still post pictures because its still not completely flush

Drivers Side:
utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTEwNTIxLTAwMTA4LmpwZw.jpg

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTEwNTIxLTAwMTEwLmpwZw.jpg

Passenger Side:
utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTEwNTIxLTAwMTA5LmpwZw.jpg

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTEwNTIxLTAwMTExLmpwZw.jpg

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
if you said a truck hit it than the hinges could be bent..also im not certain but the 98-00 trunks may be slightly different than the 01-02s..I know the tailligh areas are.

Back