Alignment question

JayStuff

Reaction score
So I know that If you change the suspension geometry you should have your car aligned.. Well I put in my coils and got the adjustments close to where I want them so I'm looking to get an alignment soon.

Now my question, once I have my car aligned, it's probably not a good idea to make slight height and camber adjustments right? Or do you guys think it would be ok?

jgilley

Reaction score
in for the answer on this, ive always wondered that. btw you should probably get firestone's lifetime alignment so that if you adjust, you can always realign. not bad for the price

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score
when you change your height your changing your toe camber and possibly caster. meaning you just undid the alignment you just paid for. If your just doing slight little adjustments then you shouldn't see any tire wear problems but I would recomend finding a height and camber you like before you get it aligned and just tell them not to worry about adjusting your camber. hope that helped.

knighthawk1104

Reaction score
im pretty sure if your suspension is stock you can only change your toe. i tried to get my car aligned and asked them to do my camber and they said "you have no camber in this car" meaning there were no adjustments to be made. i would assume that's why everyone buys a camber kit.

001Stunna

Reaction score
Yea we can only change toe/caster stock. Camber needs a camber kit.

alignmenta.png

meximan16

Reaction score
if your toe is sooo off right now, be prepared to buy new tires soon if you don't get it aligned ASAP

Back