Am I on the right path??

RISH1

Reaction score
All right fellas. Went through the search features.. read some old posts and opinions and seem to have it narrowed down. Would like feedback if you've done something similar or have the exact same setup. Just got another accord (98 with 93 k miles) wrecked my old one. drove my Suburu, but came back to my first love.

I want STANCE STANCE AND MORE STANCE. I have it down to either

a) neuspeed race springs with tokico blues. (tokico illuminas if recommended)

b) Tanabe Sustec Pro- soc coilovers

any of these WILL get a full camber kit and wheel spacers (15mm??)

Only thing which I'm trying to still clear out is the ride quality of the tokico blue's or the illuminas. I want as close to oem ride quality as possible. How do they fare? Are the tanabe coilovers better in that regard in addition to providing me with more drop if needed.

Any and all feedback is much appreciated, since one thing I have noticed is that there are many members who do it right the very first time.

Cheers. Will keep bothering u guyz, I promise. :thumbup:

If it helps, I am going with the Xenon body kit. BTW.. that Wings West vs Xenon post was quite a show.

knighthawk1104

Reaction score
ride quality is all about the springs...not the coilover brand. some come with softer springs some come with stiffer springs.

v6indodarknight

Reaction score
what do u mean by stance???

do u want it like hellaflush???

-3 cambers???

staggered???

10" rims in width???

or racing style stance???

but best bet is always with coilover 1st...

the rest depend on taste of wheel poke or chambers... and such

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
u won't get stance with a spring/shock combo... also, spacers with OEM rims.. uuhhh...

NASOHC

Reaction score
U won't get comfort with stance if you're looking for that "hellaflush" look - you need a stiff suspension for that unless you want your fenders to become victimized.

CAN'T HAVE IT ALL AMIGO!

Now, if you're wheels are gong to tuck inside fenders enough to clear suspension movement - that's a different story. It may be possible ;)

Oh, and anything below 2" will likely require camber kits depending on wheel/tire/stance combo.

RISH1

Reaction score
I'm going with 18" and I guess, If I gotta sacrifice comfort for stance.. it's gotta be stance cuz realistically it's gonna be driven more than parked. Not all of us have Sakura type $$$ to have it all. :)

I basically want as least gap as possible with the tires right inline or just a bit past the fenders.They don't have to be tucked in, just right up to the fender. I know realistically, it's gonna be a biaaaaaaaaaaatch to get it like the 240 guyz.

Basically, this months's ROTM. It's kinda hard to describe in words.

And yes, regardless of what I go with, the car will have camber kit and wheel spacers because that's what I was told by the H&R guys.. to push the wheels outwards a bit.

Staggered wheels are something I still gotta peep out.. but size is def 18" cuz 17" look small IMO.

fastflyinaccord

Reaction score
To get a stance like that you will have to go with coilovers. springs will not get you low enough to make it look good. the camber kit debate is iffy. Some people use them, some don't. As long as the toe is straight then you should be good.

You don't necessarily need spacers based on the wheels you choose. Width and offset can poke you right to the fender without spacers if you choose the right stuff.

Sounds like you need to do more research

elcatrachito14

Reaction score
I have skunk2 Coilovers with blue tokico struts, and it rides good for me. It's not that bounce or that stiff either, its alright for me!!

Back