Amber removal

Aeraun

Reaction score
I'm looking to put blue signals in my lights and I still have the stock tails so I have that amber piece in them. I've looked at them before but didnt want to mess with it since it looked like you cant get it out without cracking it. Is there an easy way of getting it out? Also,I'v been told that if I get LED blue signals that they still shine perfectly blue through the amber. Anybody know if that's true? cause then I wont bother.

Jephu

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can remove the yellow piece by opening up the taillight lenses. Either use a heat gun or put them in the oven. But, are you sure the blue turn signal is legal in New York?

Last edited:

Aeraun

Reaction score
Thanks, I'll try that. And no, they aren't legal at all, but than again most of the **** on my car isn't either, and about all of the **** I want to do isn't so... what the hell lol New York blows when it comes to the road,city anyway

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
mmm some fish n chips perhaps...maybe a papa murphy's pizza? :147703263745b138a51

oh...taking lights apart...right. heat gun ftw! who wants to handle a big chunk of hot plastic in in the kitchen?

ejreams

Reaction score
Someone who has no money and is at their parents house but can't resist buying spraypaint to black out housings and remove amber inserts.

LOL :D

Back