AMP or headunit

XxESKIMOxX

Reaction score
i have an alpine 9887 with amped up speakers and subs. sometimes my audio just goes out and the subwoofer is still going. and i have to wait about a min or so for the audio to come back. i checked all the plugs in back of the headunit it was all connected. so i also checked the amps the plug seems to be connected. hmm any ideas anyone?

Johnson

Reaction score
does it happen when its loud? try playing it low and see if it doesnt happen. check grounds. what kind of amp? brand? power?

XxESKIMOxX

Reaction score
does it happen when its loud? try playing it low and see if it doesnt happen. check grounds. what kind of amp? brand? power?

no i dont play music that loud. my speaker amp is rca. my speakers and subs are infinitys. my amp for sub is kenwood.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
check the gain control on the speaker amp...it should be matched to your headunit's pre-amp voltage or less. for my speakers, its all the way down (.2V).

since the sub works, you dont have to mess with it.

02CowboyAccrd

Reaction score
Used to happen to my old car, I thought it was cause the amp got too hot, then a min. or two it would go back on when it cooled. Not sure if thats your problem though.

Back