Amp problem and 6x9's rattling in the rear

krazchikin

Reaction score
Hey guys, ive been running on rear speakers for the longest time since my amp didnt work when i last tried setting up my system. My amp's protected light is on, but the power light seems to fade in and out and wont power up my speakers....im thinking it could be a bad ground (it's attached to a bolt behind the rear seats...where is everyone else grounding theirs?

Also, I have some Infinity Reference 6x9s in the back that rattle because the magnet of the speaker touches the little bar on the trunk lid....anyone else having this problem and know how to fix it? it's pretty annoying...hahah thx ahead!

talontsiawd

Reaction score
I had the same problem and use the same mounting location. Some how my fuse holder started to melt. Replaced the wiring and it is good. I'm not saying that's your problem, it just acted the same way. Pull out a mulimeter and see what's up.

As for the rear, pull them out lol. Or make a spacer. If it fits, you can probably make like a 1/8 in spacer and it will clear.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Hey guys, ive been running on rear speakers for the longest time since my amp didnt work when i last tried setting up my system. My amp's protected light is on, but the power light seems to fade in and out and wont power up my speakers....im thinking it could be a bad ground (it's attached to a bolt behind the rear seats...where is everyone else grounding theirs?

You have to make sure to sand down to the bare metal for a clean ground. Just ground it to the side of the trunk somewhere, but sand it down really well first.

Also, I have some Infinity Reference 6x9s in the back that rattle because the magnet of the speaker touches the little bar on the trunk lid....anyone else having this problem and know how to fix it? it's pretty annoying...hahah thx ahead!

Use wood for the spacer(cheaper option), or get a set of 6x9's that don't have such a deep magnet.

krazchikin

Reaction score
yeah, wood would probly be cheaper, but i think ill be too lazy to cut it...plus i dont really have the tools for it... =/

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
metal washers plus some sticky weather gasketing from menards to make some speaker spacers?

i'm not gonna lie...and i'm not saying this is good or "the best" or whatever. i've had my 2 amps and epicenter grounded where the fuel pump is for a good couple years and never sanded it down till this past week...and its not even down to 100% bare metal. honda painted everything including the bolt and therefore even the fuel pump doesn't have a bare ground.

NOTE: i'm not recommending leaving it with the stock paint...it's just that it's worked fine for me in the past.

OneLoud00Accord

Reaction score
I use a ground in my trunk behind the liner on the left side there are a few holes, I sanded it down to metal, bolted in the ground, then sprayed it with black paint for protection. It grounds my second battery and two amps totaling 1700 watts rms just fine.

Back