And so it is completed!... 6 speed swap.

TheHunter

Reaction score
Re: And so it begins... 6 speed.

I will update tomorrow at approx 4:30 PST. I didn't bother calling today because Ken wasn't in, and I didn't want to hear some bad news of "oh no we didn't start." It's absolutely guaranteed to start tomorrow if they hadn't today. Entire swap will be done no later than Mon/Tues. I might post pics after its done... but I have a 300 mile break in on the clutch I'm going to have to do, and I won't have VTEC until I get the special swap harness off of Richie. I'll keep you all updated, I want to know about the progress as much as you all. I'd be there working on it every day, but I have college >_<

HondaLuver83

Reaction score

I will update tomorrow at approx 4:30 PST. I didn't bother calling today because Ken wasn't in, and I didn't want to hear some bad news of "oh no we didn't start." It's absolutely guaranteed to start tomorrow if they hadn't today. Entire swap will be done no later than Mon/Tues. I might post pics after its done... but I have a 300 mile break in on the clutch I'm going to have to do, and I won't have VTEC until I get the special swap harness off of Richie. I'll keep you all updated, I want to know about the progress as much as you all. I'd be there working on it every day, but I have college >_<

Make sure they do a good job. Most mechanics like to dick people's cars around and do a half a$$ed job. I had a bad experience with my 5 speed swap.

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score

You mean so I can give you a ride..... And Kevin don't worry, once clutch is broke in and I get Richies harness for VTEC, I will post vids :) And all the socal ninjas can get rides :p

Sweet!! You do realize that I'm an honorary So-Cal member? :hihi: So if you could come out to NH to give me a ride too, that would be greaaat. mmkayy? :coffee:

Make sure they do a good job. Most mechanics like to dick people's cars around and do a half a$$ed job. I had a bad experience with my 5 speed swap.
I doubt Ken's shop would..... Ken's a good dude from everything I've heard.

And Ken got a Cobra kit car btw?? :eekwtf: that's cool as hell.

TheHunter

Reaction score

Yea he did. I'm so excited to check that out! And don't worry, if Ken messes it up, I'm always able to go back and have him check it out again. He's a friend.

Tek_Rice

Reaction score

make sure you get Richie's New 5AT Harness. His old 4AT harness had major issues with Vtec and emissions.

But unfortunately, he's out of parts at this moments, and no harness will be available for another 1-2 months.... :(

But the good news is... i'm 3rd in line :)

NASOHC

Reaction score

make sure you get Richie's New 5AT Harness. His old 4AT harness had major issues with Vtec and emissions.

But unfortunately, he's out of parts at this moments, and no harness will be available for another 1-2 months.... :(

But the good news is... i'm 3rd in line :)

Sad.

You do know who you're reffering to right?... :nutkick:

We already started... couldn't find a lock key :ugh2:

TheHunter

Reaction score

**Update** My tranny has been ripped out! They're picking up the clutch kit now. Swap is well underway :D

Back