annual mid-atlantic cruise planning thread

slowrider87

Reaction score
I wanna organize another skyline cruise. I'm thinking august or early september so we avoid the tourists this year. Who's down? And when is best? Gotta organize fast. No bias BMW loving douchenozzles this time.

dharding413

Keep it simple.
Reaction score
Skyline Drive. It runs up and down the Appalachain Mountains in VA. You guys get to come down to my neck of the woods :cool: The road has awesome vistas and is fun to drive.

Tim, I think we should get that guy to show up with all of his super turbo Scion buddies :lawl:

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
Is it the one where you like get off the highway, and have to pay a toll or something. If so then I've been on it I think. If not, then I dont know.

slowrider87

Reaction score
yeah, it's in shenandoah national park. Right off hwy 340

We can get him to come with his scion buddies I guess. We'll have something fun to push off the side of the mountain.

dharding413

Keep it simple.
Reaction score
Nah, it'd ruin the views. Cleansleeper, there's a fee to get onto the road, but it's well worth it.

We could rent out a picnic shelter at Skyland/Big Meadows, chill and grill, then cruise afterwards

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
Nah, it'd ruin the views. Cleansleeper, there's a fee to get onto the road, but it's well worth it.

We could rent out a picnic shelter at Skyland/Big Meadows, chill and grill, then cruise afterwards

In that case I know exactly what you're talking about.

dadams

Reaction score
easy abe lincoln (yes I am talking about you tiny tim) and friends, I am down for another skyline drive cruise... can we try not to hang out in the parking lot for 4 hours again. And if you are late you get left. Only waiting 10 minutes if you are late.

greekpizza

Reaction score
im game as long my car is done, just started my turbo build last friday.

slowrider87

Reaction score
HA! i know when Abe Lincoln is brought into conversation it's me. I get it quite a bit. and yes, this time we will keep it small. so we don't have to wait around a burning hot parking lot. I say take what we learned from the last one and other meets and use it to our advantage. plan more functionally. I don't wanna do another cookout, and I don't want to rent a shelter again. too much expense & organization involved for that and we are running short enough on time before tourist season as is.

Anyways, People are going to be late, they always are. Those on time don't want to sit around doing nothing in a hot parking lot. So lets meet up and eat at a restaurant for lunch. That way people running a little late have the whole time we are eating to show up. Fast food would be Ideal so we don't have to tell them how many people for a table (lets face it, we never really know that number) and we can order food, get it quickly, take our time eating and bullsh*ting. And that way people that show up during lunch can also get food without having to wait for a server to come take their order. and close out checks. So we're talking like a 45 minute grace period MAX for stragglers.

Sound like a good start? Any suggestions? Additions? Different Ideas?

Back