Another A/T Concern. Of course.

RaVaGeSpEeD

Reaction score
I can't do the manual swap myself, no way in hell. I'll trust a shop to put a new tranny in or rebuild mine.
Idk what im gonna go with. Ill price a rebuild and a manual swap and go from there.

redlinevtec

Reaction score
All I have to say is..

350HP:hide:
lol...

I can't do the manual swap myself, no way in hell. I'll trust a shop to put a new tranny in or rebuild mine.
Idk what im gonna go with. Ill price a rebuild and a manual swap and go from there.

Yeah, if I were you I would go with the 6spd. Different car. When I did the 5spd, omg it was amazing. A different car. Save yourself the money of a new car and do the 6spd. Best thing you'll ever do. Sux though you v6's have a harder time with the swap though...

RaVaGeSpEeD

Reaction score
And I don't wanna spend a fortune and put the mechanic through hell lol.

What's the 5spd that can swap in mine and what's the 6spd?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^The 6spd swap is the obvious. The 5spd is the auto from 02-03 TL's and 01-03 CL's...which isn't much better than our 4spd.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Really, it comes down to money, if it is not feasible to do a 6spd swap, then of course put in a hopefully reliable stock tranny....or at least one with a good warranty on parts/labour.

RaVaGeSpEeD

Reaction score
Well. Called around. No shop wants to venture in for the manual swap, and they said they'd fix the lack of lubrication for second gear, fix bearings, clutch packs, etc. aka full rebuild.

2000$. If I brought the tranny to them it'd only be 1600$.

Not too bad.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Well. Called around. No shop wants to venture in for the manual swap, and they said they'd fix the lack of lubrication for second gear, fix bearings, clutch packs, etc. aka full rebuild.

2000$. If I brought the tranny to them it'd only be 1600$.

Not too bad.

If they are a reputable shop and offer a warranty, go with that.

Find out about that warranty though, most places may only offer a 1 year warranty, but that's better than nothing.

RaVaGeSpEeD

Reaction score
I've heard nothing but good things and everyone who knows a thing or two has recommended this shop.

Edit: only bad thing I heard is that they tend to not rebuild transmissions supporting a supercharger or turbo. Either they don't do them or they decrease the warranty.

But with my 350whp I'm not worried >.>

SykVSyx

Reaction score
350hp and the stock tranny.....hmm, I don't know about that....I would be concerned.

RaVaGeSpEeD

Reaction score
Haha it's a joke.
Would be epic though. Might just bite the bullet and get it done.

Latest posts

Back