Another Carbon Fiber Question

tj.opalaccord

Reaction score
Hey guys, while my car is in the shop for 3 weeks, being re-painted, I am going to try and fix my carbon fiber hood. The problem is that I have cracks in the clear coat. I am not too sure what it's from, the hood is fairly new. It's made by VIS and the thing that erks me is that I have heard good things from this company. So, does anyone have an idea on how I can get it fixed? My paint/body guy can do it, he just isn't too sure if the clear coat is a gel or if it is a spray. Another thing about my hood, is that there is a gap between the fender and the hood itself...Would hood pins do the trick?

Oh yeah I am new! :) you'll see me around more often.

pyaarawala

Reaction score
Welcome bro. Yeah have the guy do what BCK said. About that gap, do you have a sedan or a coupe? I have a coupe with a sedan CF hood and I have a similar gap. Otherwise, there shouldn't be any gaps unless you have a dent or something not normal somewhere.

tj.opalaccord

Reaction score
Yeah, I'll have him re-clear it. Is there a special clear coat involved or what? It is a sedan btw, and the gap is on the driver side between the fender.

tj.opalaccord

Reaction score
Oh yeah, I think I've tried everything to make it align properly. I just don't know what else to try.

Roadrage

Reaction score
My hood is made by vis as well...nothing much you can do as far as the alignment thing. Its just made odd for some reason. IMo

lyttleviet

Reaction score
if you do it correctly, sedan or coupe, it will line up correctly. The first time I did it, I SWORE it wouldn't fit right but the body shop adjusted all 4 corners and the hinge on the front and it fits flawlessly now.

Back