Another Carbon Fiber Question

nmb1bacardi

Reaction score
the one way that you can allign it it to take some shims and put them in line with the crease on either side and then bolt on and then fit to perfect and dont forget to adjust the spaces on the front brace to tighten up the lip onn the front of the hood and wet sand that and for the vis hood
my friend had one its a gel clearcoat.http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/images/smilies/kenny.gif

MAR387

Reaction score
Sorry for bringing this back from the dead. But I had to install a new hood latch mechanism and for a while now I have ignored the fact that my hood has a small gap between it and the bumper. What do you guys suggest I do to align and make hood sit right?

paperchase33

Reaction score
There are these rubber pieces you twist clockwise/counter clockwise, for the hood to sit on i think. That might be your problem. My hood was doing that too. But i thought since i got some hood lock it would fix my problem. It didnt. What kind of hood latches did you get? I got the nrg ones.

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
You have to loosen the four bolts that hold the hood latch to the rad support. When you loosen those bolts it will allow you to adjust the latch up or down. Just keep adjusting until you get it right.

This is all assuming that by "hood latch" you mean hood latch, and not hood pins......which is what paperchase is talking about.

I know that with the CF hood I had on my Accord, I had to adjust the hood latch almost all the way down to kill the gap between the hood and the grill.

I had a Fiber Images OE Style CF Hood

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back