Another TrimBrite Project

J30MAN

Reaction score
So my hood has been starting to rust a little bit over the past couple years. Nothing too noticeable, just a little bubbling under the paint near the edge around where the latch is.

So i've been looking for cheap/DIY solutions to hide the bubbling, cause nothings going to stop it unless I spend a few hundred at the body shop.

Couple days ago I thought about getting some sort of vinyl or sticker with a carbon fiber design on it and make the shape of this on the hood. Which would be perfect to cover the bubbling and would look nice.

So today I decided to goto Autozone after work and pick up a roll of TrimBrite carbon fiber and go try out the idea.

This is what i finished with: The right side is slightly lower than the left but nothing too noticeable. :coffee:

mms_picturesefgsf.jpg

mms_picturesdgn.jpg

mms_picturefxgn.jpg

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Looks good. Only a matter of time before that rust spreads though. So the bubbling is completely hidden?

ejreams

Reaction score
I think it looks good

Good luck fighting rust
I crashed my car so now its got rust lurking everywhere. Haha
Even by the sunroof, thanks to a ripple effect. lol

Omega83

Reaction score
Not too shabby! Hell, I might try this myself... I have the same problem. As far as the rust goes... by the time it rusts through I might have the funds for a CF hood.

J30MAN

Reaction score
Looks good. Only a matter of time before that rust spreads though. So the bubbling is completely hidden?

Well its been spreading extremely slowly, so hopefully by the time it gets out of hand ill be able to bring it to a shop and get it done right. And the bubbling is completely covered, but you can still see it taking shape on the carbon fiber print.

Looks good i like it

Thanks man, ill be keeping it for sure

Doesn't solve the rust problem tho but looks alright :)

Oh I know, but it looks better than bubbling paint IMO.

I think it looks good

Good luck fighting rust
I crashed my car so now its got rust lurking everywhere. Haha
Even by the sunroof, thanks to a ripple effect. lol

Thank you. And i've been wondering about your car lately. Haven't seen you posting about it lately.

Not too shabby! Hell, I might try this myself... I have the same problem. As far as the rust goes... by the time it rusts through I might have the funds for a CF hood.

Thank. And $ave uppp.

looks like a mustache.

haha. Same thing i was thinking as i was washing it last night. But whatever, still looks good to meeee.

Back