Another V6 auto concern

PHAT97EX

Reaction score
First off, I've searched but still have a concern about the V6 auto in our Accords and Acura CL Type S. I have a 2000 Accord 4 cyl which used to be an auto and I swapped over to a 5 speed 2 years ago. I stripped and sold the wrecked donor car and my old auto tranny(260k). Now that I'm having trouble with my knees I find it too much work for shifting. I now have 295k on my car and like it, but wonder if it's worth the trouble finding another wrecked auto, converting back(and may have additional issues cuz of age/wear) or just sell it and get a 00-02 V6 Accord with leather or 01-03 Acura CL-S? I've read the recalls and issues, but I take care of my vehicles and maintain always and will do whats needed to keep it running smooth. I drive alot since I live out in the country. Getting tired of tearing down accord all the time ,so what do you guys think?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
In your situation it sounds like the best/easiest thing to do would be sell it for what you can, and get a new car that has what you want. What if you go to all that trouble to swap back to auto then it does or something else major goes wrong with the car...afterall it has nearly 300k miles...I think it's done its job lol.

PHAT97EX

Reaction score
That's kind of what I was thinking too. I'd be very pissed going thru all that work and then it be one thing after another. Gonna research a lil more about the V6 accord coupes and CL-S. They are pretty much the only cars I'm interested in and that body style. Switching jobs/pay cut so I can't afford a high payment. Thanks again, bro!

RichBinAZ

Reaction score
This may sound like herasy, but we have a 2000 V6 honda and an 09 Scion Xb and vicariously thru my son, a '06 Scion Xb.
Would I buy another Honda? No.
Would I buy another Scion? Yes. They are just that much more reliable.

Personal opinion only, your mileage may vary, your experience is your own. :)

intel0116

Reaction score
with the amount of people on here that have auto trannys and wish they had manuals im sure you wouldent have a hard time finding someone who would just trade you cars straight up.

PHAT97EX

Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys! I think I'll just keep her maintained and looking good until I find something else that really catches my attention and that I'll be able more to afford. Even with the high miles it's been an extremely good car with no major issues, thank God!

Back