another "whats my car worth" thread

flyspyder55

Reaction score
heres my 98 original 5 speed
CLIFF NOTES
98, 4 door, cloth, EX
170K MILES
MECHANIC OWNED AND MAINTAINED FOR LAST 80K MILES. NO CHEAP PARTS EVER!

01 prelude engine and trans, 75k miles
rebuilt head
-new valve stem seals
-handlapped valves
-type s cams
-aem cold air intake
otherwise stock
brand new <2000 miles exeddy clutch kit, disc pressure plate and bearing

01 prelude hubs brakes and wheels
new (just installed today) front national wheel bearings, new friction master ceramic brakes front and rear.

personal steering wheel, nrg quick release

hello kitty muffler

older )but nice) alpine head unit aftermarket speakers which i cannot remmeber.

aerospeed performance springs

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

CAR IS NO LONGER ON VOLKS OR RACING HARTS... STOCK 5 LUG PRELUDE WHEELS!

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
If you are selling the car, you will have better luck parting out. And it will be difficult to sell a swapped car, the right buyer is harder to find. And of course, you'll never get back what you put into it.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
i'd give you $10 for teh muffler....

around $3000 - $3500 sounds abt right

flyspyder55

Reaction score
its my beater... just curious... its not getting sold anytime too soon... looks like its time for the daily to get stanced though :)

talontsiawd

Reaction score
A car like that is really hard to price. For the average buyer, I would say $2000 tops. For the right buyer, it could be $4,500. My brother had a 5th gen with about 230,000, stock original motor but only quality mods. It had axle issues too. He got a bit over $3,000 on ebay. He was hoping for half that. He asked the guy when he picked it up, thinking the guy didn't know what was up. It just happened that he had a soft spot for 5th gens, had an H22 ready, was a Honda mechanic, and had similar tastes in mods. They guy had 90% of the expensive stuff done and understood that in the end, it was a deal.

Nothing beats what my dad got for his pop's car. He sold an 80 diesel VW Rabbit for $4500. It did only have 33k and it was the buyer's dream car, my dad sold almost the same with 75k 10 years earlier for $400 to a local kid in better condition.

flyspyder55

Reaction score
yeah i know what u mean... ive had 2 76 celicas.. bought one for 4000 with cancer... and some mods... my next one was 100% rust free... good condition paint, 72k miles and paid 1600... go figure

Back