Any Bikers??

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
But this is custom since it is project one. The owner gets to customize paint, labels, everything. Oh and OCLV carbon by Trek is almost on another level. I personally wouldn't get Campy though, esp 11 speed.

What is the new job? I am jealous, I love working at the bike shop (aka the sick deals) but I also wish I had a legit job making it not matter about discounts haha

Last edited:

hiddengamer7

Reaction score
I just got hired as a salesman at a local Honda dealership actually. The day after I got the job at the dealership though, I got an offer for a job at the Trek Store of Kansas City, which was kind of a bummer because I really miss the bike shop atmosphere.

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
Ahh well congrats with the job! I applied for a job with Trek at their corporate office but to no surprise they didn't contact me haha

I rode about 35 miles today (computer isn't working), and as expected my knee started hurting but not till I was close to finishing. I talked to someone in sports medicine and they said it sounded like I just had a bruised kneecap, and I told them I had crashed a few weeks ago, which helped to confirm their theory.

hiddengamer7

Reaction score
I wish I could put in those miles but I've been sooo busy. Working 12 hour days is a total drag, but one of these days once it cools down I'm gonna commute on my bike.

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
I wish I could put in those miles but I've been sooo busy. Working 12 hour days is a total drag, but one of these days once it cools down I'm gonna commute on my bike.
Dang that sucks. I am working 10 hours days, but I make sure on my days off (Sun/Thur) that I always ride. Yeah I work at a Bike Shop but I don't think I could handle the weeks stress without a bike ride. Some days I really wonder why I work there. But to be honest 35 miles is the longest I have ever rode haha. I never really go long distances just because it takes so long. I need a vacation though. I have had 2 days off since March 1st and both were for stuff with my sister graduating high school.

I still cant believe how good it felt today and it was still in the 80s haha.

doing a charity bike ride 2 days after I stop fasting... this ending will include lots of lactic acid
Nice!! I never get to ride any charity or group rides because of work. We do sag for group rides though, but riding in the van helping people just isn't as fun i have a feeling haha

CrosCntryAccord

Reaction score
depends on what you're riding, and how many days you're riding. i wouldn't mind doing SAG except that I'm a total noob

maybe i'll splurge and purchase some low resistance tires before hand....

hiddengamer7

Reaction score
depends on what you're riding, and how many days you're riding. i wouldn't mind doing SAG except that I'm a total noob

maybe i'll splurge and purchase some low resistance tires before hand....

Nah, screw it, do it on cross tires.

Man, I need a road bike bad.

NASOHC

Reaction score
^^I would be jealous. We have a Madone 5.2 with SRAM Rival components at the shop that keeps calling my name. But I don't feel like spending easily over 2k on a bike right now. Maybe when I get tired of the 1200, if that ever happens haha.

So evidently this is what $9,000 looks like :D This is now the most expensive bike I have built. I was kinds surprised to see that the bike weight 16lbs exactly. I was thinking low 15s.

The 9K Bike by Eric.Renshaw, on Flickr

NICE!!! Trek huh? Wow.

This is what I've been wanting: http://www.titusti.com/2010/bikes/ftm_ti.php

Latest posts

Back