Any Bikers??

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
Will speaks the truth!! I hate going off MSRP on bikes but sometimes we must to get the sale. So don't hesitate to ask what the bike shop could do for you. Sometimes instead of lowering the price we will throw in a water bottle and cage.

Yes the above mentioned bikes will cost more than the Mongoose but you will get so much more from it.

idriveanaccord

Reaction score
Thanks so much you guys and ya I found the mongoose o was talking about at Performance bicycles I'm goin back this weekend to make the list like you said so I'll try out some giants and treks, I'm just trying to pay around 800

hiddengamer7

Reaction score
Feel free to PM either Eric (00accord4cyl) or myself with any questions or just post it up in here, and we're more than happy to help ya out.

Eric, between us, I think we sell pretty much every major brand on the market today :lawl:

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
Eric, between us, I think we sell pretty much every major brand on the market today :lawl:
Haha I bet we do. We have Trek and Gary Fisher at the store I work at. Then Scott and Giant at the other. Then your high end bikes

One more question came to mind...at a pretty big shop, how much would you guess I could talk them down on an $850 bike?

If they will go all the way to low retail then probably about $50-$80 or so

hiddengamer7

Reaction score
Yea, I would look to pay around $799 or so for an $850 bike. Not a ton off but still makes a difference.

Eric, we carry Fuji, Giant, Scott and Kestrel for our main brands at big poppi and then also stock Redline and SE Racing. At my old shop we sold Trek, GT, Cannondale, Fisher and LeMond (RIP). The only brand I haven't sold is Specialized.

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
^^Nice I have not had a ride for fun on my road bike is quite awhile. Just been used to get to work and I HATE that route. I don't think I have ever ran a red light though.

Yea, I would look to pay around $799 or so for an $850 bike. Not a ton off but still makes a difference.

Eric, we carry Fuji, Giant, Scott and Kestrel for our main brands at big poppi and then also stock Redline and SE Racing. At my old shop we sold Trek, GT, Cannondale, Fisher and LeMond (RIP). The only brand I haven't sold is Specialized.

I am surprised Trek let you sell other brands. We can only sell Trek bikes at our store..Well when it comes to mainstream bikes. But out store was built by Trek, so I guess we have that in our contract. We used to sell some Redlines, Miracco, Lemond, and Seven. None of those were big sellers though because they were either BMX (Not popular in our area) or really expensive road bikes(not worth the inventory cost for us)

CrosCntryAccord

Reaction score
^^Nice I have not had a ride for fun on my road bike is quite awhile. Just been used to get to work and I HATE that route. I don't think I have ever ran a red light though.

Dude I run every red light I can, today i kinda pushed it on one though, but usually i'm 90% in the free and clear of traffic that I don't even have to sweat it.

hiddengamer7

Reaction score
that was my ride today, did three laps of the little loop, good hard road ride with light to moderate traffic at times, and tons of elevation changes and red lights being run
Looks like a blast dude, I cant wait until I get back on the bike, its been so ridiculous just sitting around watching my legs go to mush.

I am surprised Trek let you sell other brands. We can only sell Trek bikes at our store..Well when it comes to mainstream bikes. But out store was built by Trek, so I guess we have that in our contract. We used to sell some Redlines, Miracco, Lemond, and Seven. None of those were big sellers though because they were either BMX (Not popular in our area) or really expensive road bikes(not worth the inventory cost for us)
Bike America was/is #40 in the world for moving Trek bikes so they let us get away with a ton. Trek brand products were roughly 75% of the inventory and they were #5 in the world for Project One bikes. Personally though, I love smaller brands, I will always have an affinity for Redline.

Dude I run every red light I can, today i kinda pushed it on one though, but usually i'm 90% in the free and clear of traffic that I don't even have to sweat it.
Be careful out there hotshot, I dont want any more of my friends hit by cars. Were you on the Allez?

Back