Any Bikers??

2fast4all

Reaction score
I just go my bike back from the shop today. It runs GREAT NOW!!!! :)

I have a Motive Ground Pounder Mountain bike. Got it back in 02" as my b-day present when I turned 12. Im 21 now and it pretty much went through hell and never came back alive until today..

Got a new rear shimano Acera dirrealier, 2 new sram shifters left and right. and basic maintenance thing all for $132 with tax, labor and necessary stuff.

I think I got ripped off somewhere and should just gotten a new bike but....I LOVE this bike!!

hiddengamer7

Reaction score
I think that's a pretty damn good deal for all that work. Get reputable work done on bikes isn't cheap. There is a lot of skill involved and good parts aren't cheap.

Support your local bike shop.

2fast4all

Reaction score
I think that's a pretty damn good deal for all that work. Get reputable work done on bikes isn't cheap. There is a lot of skill involved and good parts aren't cheap.

Support your local bike shop.

I'll keep that in mind for now on.. thanks

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
I just go my bike back from the shop today. It runs GREAT NOW!!!! :)

I have a Motive Ground Pounder Mountain bike. Got it back in 02" as my b-day present when I turned 12. Im 21 now and it pretty much went through hell and never came back alive until today..

Got a new rear shimano Acera dirrealier, 2 new sram shifters left and right. and basic maintenance thing all for $132 with tax, labor and necessary stuff.

I think I got ripped off somewhere and should just gotten a new bike but....I LOVE this bike!!

That is a good deal. Depending on the level of shifters it would probably cost you around $150 to get that work done at the shop I work at. But their maintenance could involve different things.

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
I wouldn't know how to price your bike since I am unfamiliar with SS stuff.That is why I didn't comment, so don't feel left out :D Bikes have such a bad resale value, so kinda hard to tell. I would just recommend starting at like $400 and then just keep lowering it over time.

So I have started to build up lots of spare parts lately(i.e. I have 6 wheels now) that I am thinking of building up a shop SS for errands. I have pretty much everything I would need for a cheap one. Prolly just use my old triple crank, but I do need the most important part such as the frame haha. Not even sure if it worth the trouble though because I could probably buy one of Trek's SS for pretty cheap...thoughts?

Last edited:
Back