any one have a h23 on 6thgen accord ??

mhidi

Reaction score
hello ,

I going to swap my F20b2 non vetc with a sir accord h23 dohc vetc engine
so i need to know the Hp that ill get after the swap ??

and need to see some pic if any one do the same swap ??

thx

Last edited:

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It's essentially the same engine you have, just more displacement. Should drop right in.

BBMF00accord

Reaction score
i dont think youre going to drop 250 on a dyno on an h23blue top without a minor build...i had planned the swap but decided it wasnt really worth it for me because i dont plan on keeping the car that much longer.but i didnt plan on yeilding more than 200 to the wheels if i was lucky with a few bolt ons

Fuzz

Reaction score
Your going FROM a F20b to a H23?? GOOD GOD MAN WHY!

The only thing I could think of is to go turbo... but still, you'll need a lot of goodies plus a GT-FnHuge Turbo to make up for the power loss.

I make 155whp and 150wtq.

g22aOnBoost343

Reaction score
i say boost....... if ur goal is 250whp, ur not gonna be happy with that swap...because from the research i've gathered, the money u'd spend on a motor and labour, u'll be better off just going boost and making higher numbers :slap:

lithiumus

Reaction score
I've got a JDM H23A VTEC DOHC engine from a 2001 JDM Accord SiR. One of my valves was burn and I lost all compression in one cylinder in my original F23A1 so I convinced my wife that we needed a new engine and that the H23A was the right choice hehe....

The engine drops right in and it's definitely an increase in HP but my problems were about using the right ECU to control it... I wrote up a lot on Honda Swap about it and ended up with using an AEM EMS to run the engine. It's not dyno'd tuned and it's just a daily driver. Used Ignition maps from an H22 and tuned the fuel using the UEGO wideband.

Seems like a nice smooth and powerful engine. Doing the first timing belt on it soon.

01AccordCoupeEx

Reaction score
I've got a JDM H23A VTEC DOHC engine from a 2001 JDM Accord SiR. One of my valves was burn and I lost all compression in one cylinder in my original F23A1 so I convinced my wife that we needed a new engine and that the H23A was the right choice hehe....

The engine drops right in and it's definitely an increase in HP but my problems were about using the right ECU to control it... I wrote up a lot on Honda Swap about it and ended up with using an AEM EMS to run the engine. It's not dyno'd tuned and it's just a daily driver. Used Ignition maps from an H22 and tuned the fuel using the UEGO wideband.

Seems like a nice smooth and powerful engine. Doing the first timing belt on it soon.

how much did that swap cost you??

Back