any pics of oem replica lip installed?

Gil'sCG6

Reaction score
Here is pic of my replica front lip made of abs plastic. I sure beat the crap out of it for last 3 years Lol.

ztw7yu.jpg

interesting.... looks exactly like the oem one. Also im guessing its held up well if you've "beat the crap out of it" for so long and its still on there without being cracked lol

talontsiawd

Reaction score
The fiberglass kit I got (I am the one whose thread is linked for putting it on an 02) is going to look exactly like stock. It isn't like other lips that have been adapted to our car, it's the same thing made out of fiberglass.

Now, mounting, construction and quality is different (still good quality though). I modded both my front and rear so I can't talk about fitment but I have heard great things.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
I know this is an old thread but I figured I would just use this one instead of starting a new one... Anyone recently use the 98 coupe lip off ebay if so could you post pics?

http://m.ebay.com/itm/321217445040?nav=SEARCH&sbk=1

I have seen a few 98-00 coupes with it and I don't really like it. To be honest, I am not in love with my 01-02 replica lip since I actually made an OEM lip fit before I got my replica lip (well my OEM was an exact fiberglass replica, not this style). My other lip broke beyond repair and the replica lip was just a compromise to me in styling vs durability. Anyway, I think the 98-00 version looks worse, actually quite a bit worse, than the 01-02 lip and the fact the OEM lip actually fits the early coupes, I would skip it. For the price, it may be good for a temporary solution to source an OEM lip though.

Back