Anybody have a Pioneer Avic-X920bt?

lowe

Reaction score
Hey, I have one in the mail. Was hoping to find out how hard of an install is it on our 02 Accords. Currently have the stock 6 cd double din in there right now. Also wondering where you guys placed the mic, gps antennea and Ipod cable. I was thinking of drilling a hole in our tray beneath the unit. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Afterwards I'll post pics and reviews.

Side note: I actually bought two because they were at an awesome price, I figured I'd share with 6th gen before trying to turn a profit on eBay. 600 plus ship anybody? LMK

swift07

Reaction score
I don't have the exact same model but install is pretty easy. I ran my mic up the A pillar and mounted it on to the visor. Gps antenna I ran the wire under the dash near the driver side fuse box and mounted it on the dash near the vin plate. I made a hole in the glove box to run the ipod wire through there. Keeps your ipod locked and tucked away. Hope that helps. let me know if you run into any problems

Last edited:

toomtoomvroom

Reaction score
I too don't have the same model, i have the older F900bt but it's pretty much the same.

You have the power harness, rca harness, gps antenna, microphone, and usb cable. It's pretty basic, i ran my microphone to the bottom of the speedometer, and the gps antenna i just stuck it behind the radio on a metal beam towards the top of the dash. My gps works fine, it doesn't loose signal or have low signal strength or anything.

GL with the unit, and enjoy it.

btw, you also don't need to hook up the reverse wire, (pink) or the speed sensor wire (purple). It'll work fine without it.

lowe

Reaction score
Swift and toom, thanks so much for the advice! I ended up running the mic up the pillar and kept the anteannea near the vin like you did Swift.

Didn't connect the pink nor purple wire either.

Thanks again fellas.

One question, how did you guys connect your swi-ps? I can see it blinking as if it registered, however, when I restart the car none of the controls work...

lowe

Reaction score
I connected the 3 wires from the SWI-PS unit to...
-Grounded Black wire to the dash metal frame.
-Red wire was connected to the harness 12v acc power wire (red wire)
-Removed the unused orange wire and clip out of the aftermarket harness and placed in back into the harnesses port/slot 3. I then took the white wire from the SWI-PS and connected it to that orange wire that I placed in port 3.

I am able to go through the programing instructions however after I finish the steering wheel controls do not work. The SWI-PS turns on and flashes so power is working.
The LED blub on the SWI-PS lights when I press the steering wheel controls so it makes me believe the white wire is working...Thanks for the help gusy

PurpleSh4rk

Reaction score
I connected the 3 wires from the SWI-PS unit to...
-Grounded Black wire to the dash metal frame.
-Red wire was connected to the harness 12v acc power wire (red wire)
-Removed the unused orange wire and clip out of the aftermarket harness and placed in back into the harnesses port/slot 3. I then took the white wire from the SWI-PS and connected it to that orange wire that I placed in port 3.

I am able to go through the programing instructions however after I finish the steering wheel controls do not work. The SWI-PS turns on and flashes so power is working.
The LED blub on the SWI-PS lights when I press the steering wheel controls so it makes me believe the white wire is working...Thanks for the help gusy
ASWC Axxess is the way to go. It's the same company as Metra. I have the Avic-X920BT too and I went with this. It makes life so much easier because it can automatically program itself. You can even manually program it and change the functions of buttons!

Back