Anyone Ever tried the "test pipe"

Bearcat

Reaction score
Noticable result?

Noise?

Which brand did you get?

shavedaccord

Reaction score
You do know a test pipe is essentially a straight pipe that replaces the cat..it's nothing special. I think it would increase the noise..this is something you see more of on turbo'ed cars than N/A

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
i have a "test pipe" and it's cool. it resonates a wee bit more even though i have stock pipes. it gives it a wee bit more push but nothing spectacular.

nexTOme

Reaction score
o wow...for some reason i thot high-flow cat/test pipe will give lots of performance gain...but i guess not.....thx for the info guys

talontsiawd

Reaction score
I think it's a pretty ridiculous mod for a street car. Your car pollutes something like 50-100X what it would with a cat (or so i have been told). It seems pretty "selfish" to me, especially for a very marginal gain.

Tek_Rice

Reaction score
I think it's a pretty ridiculous mod for a street car. Your car pollutes something like 50-100X what it would with a cat (or so i have been told). It seems pretty "selfish" to me, especially for a very marginal gain.

Well said, and it's usually mods like this that gives Import Enthusiasts a bad name in public

almightyfargoth

Reaction score
I think in Virginia its like a couple thousand dollar fine if they catch you without a cat on your car....not worth it to me.

5spdcoupe

Reaction score
I just wanted to add that the difference in gains between a highflow cat and a test pipe is usually 1hp (dyno'd). So I'd recommend going with the highflow cat since the difference between the two is negligable, also you'll be safe if anyone looks under your car and you won't get hit with a huge fine then.

Bearcat

Reaction score
You're right. It's a illegal and a selfish mod that's not worth doing.

Back