Anyone have this problem?

Tejas6thGen

Reaction score
Ok so my 98 has a problem with the drivers side blinker. the blonker light is fine, but when i turn it on it double blinks inside but blinks normal outside. Then when i have my lights on it half blinks inside, but still blinks fine outside?

Can ANYONE help? I had a mechanic say it was the pigtail and he said he has to replace the entire housing. I think thats bulls**t. What do i do?

hotaccord243

Reaction score
Ok so my 98 has a problem with the drivers side blinker. the blonker light is fine, but when i turn it on it double blinks inside but blinks normal outside. Then when i have my lights on it half blinks inside, but still blinks fine outside?

Can ANYONE help? I had a mechanic say it was the pigtail and he said he has to replace the entire housing. I think thats bulls**t. What do i do?

I thought this was caused by a bulb that is out anywhere on the car (at least that is what happened to me, and should be checked first)...

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that your blinker lights are wired in with like your trunk lights and some other light. Check all the light fuses (interior and out)

If that doesn't work check on your blinker light bulb connector that the ground wire and the actual power wire for the light pig tail are secured and are metal to metal. Stuff like that likes to wear out.

Replacing the pig tail is VERY EASY. Do not get scammed. all you do is cut, splice, and heat shrink. If you end up going to the junk yard and get a pig tail or end up getting one new I will walk you through it over the phone. Please do not pay someone to do that for you.

f23accord2000

Reaction score
i had that problem you have i replaced all my blinker bulbs in the front and back and never did it again. on one bulb the filament was corroded a little.they looked fine from out side but replaced them and fixed the problem

Last edited:
Back