Anyone know what these are for?

finch13

Reaction score
From what I've understood from my reading is that:

Drilled rotors are just to save weight on LARGE diameter rotors, like Ferrari large or BBK large, rotors over 12". They don't necessarily have any advantage over blanks on our cars.

Slotted rotors were designed ages ago when only organic pads were used and would glaze over in racing scenarios. The sharp edges of the slots scrape away at the pad to remove the glazed layer, but if you're using semimetallics (i.e. Hawk HPS) or ceramics (i.e. Akebono Ceramic)

Today, gas fade isn't as large of a problem and the "smoking" you see is probably you overheating the grease in the back of the pads.

Rotors themselves are vented in the middle, and really your best choice is going to be blanks because they a) have more mass which can absorb and vent more heat and b) larger pad-to-rotor contact area meaning more friction and more braking power. If you really want to get rid of heat, try tracking down a set of aluminum composite rotors.

To the OP, the rotors you posted are not even slotted, they just have slot looking recessions. Same BS as dimpled rotors.

Erik123456789

Reaction score
Well since I ordered those rotors off Ebay and got the wrong ones.. I didn't feel like waiting so I bought something a little better from my friends shop :thumbup: :D ;)

juicebox00

Reaction score
Well since I ordered those rotors off Ebay and got the wrong ones.. I didn't feel like waiting so I bought something a little better from my friends shop :thumbup: :D ;)

did that shop happen to be called 88rotors? or something along those lines, cause i think i have the exact same set up.

Back