Anyone running H22 with Nitrous?

nyknick1015

Reaction score
Why spend the money on nos when you have to buy the kit and then refill the bottle everytime it runs out. Honestly, i would take that money and invest it in some cams. You said you have a stock head. There are a few companies out there that you can get some street cams that are aggressive enough to make some more serious ponies while maintain reliability.

you did alot of work to the bottom end but cams make a huge difference in 200 hp and 250hp. I would search for a stock h22 head and build it up to a point where you are ready to install it and put it all in in one weekend. Decent nitrous kits will run about $400 to upwards of $1000. You can build a decent H22 head for that amount of money especially since you said you did all the work your self.

619rcr

Reaction score
Why spend the money on nos when you have to buy the kit and then refill the bottle everytime it runs out. Honestly, i would take that money and invest it in some cams. You said you have a stock head. There are a few companies out there that you can get some street cams that are aggressive enough to make some more serious ponies while maintain reliability.

you did alot of work to the bottom end but cams make a huge difference in 200 hp and 250hp. I would search for a stock h22 head and build it up to a point where you are ready to install it and put it all in in one weekend. Decent nitrous kits will run about $400 to upwards of $1000. You can build a decent H22 head for that amount of money especially since you said you did all the work your self.

I have been looking into cams, but I know I'll need upgraded springs and retainers, so I can run some skunk pro 2s. I have considered street cams like skunk2 tuner stage 1, which doesn't Need valvetrain upgrade (only suggested). But it is rated only for 10 -15 Hp increase. I'm sorry, but If i"m gonna spend like $600 for cams, I want some good ones.

Regarding the Nitrous. I know its a bottle at a time power, but like I said I daily drive it, so its not like I'm gonna spray at every red light. I just wanna have an Ace up my sleeve when someone wants to street drag or hwy shootout. :driving:
Thanks All for your input. I guess I'll have to start saving money again. :ughrun:

hahaha38

Reaction score
Brand name doesnt matter but there is a difference in the pieces that come in the kits. NOS and NX have the best pieces availalable. The solenoids and fogger nozzle that come in the zex kits are not ideal and will limit the size of shot you want. Most zex kits top out at 75hp for imports. The solenoids are too small to support a bigger shot.

Keep in mind that the nozzle and fittings are different also depending on the kit. I personally run 2 nx kits with the bigger solenoids. I can go up to a 250 shot if I wanted to.

The jets are also different depending on the kit. NX jets will not fit NOS fogger nozzles etc.You want to have the shortest lines possible after the solenoid for the best results. Also both nitrous and fuel lines need to be the exact same length after the solenoid.

I have ran a 75shot for over 3 years on my old stock f22 motor. I did eventually throw a rod. But I was spraying it just for fun. On my stock motor on a 75 shot I put down 196whp and 253 ft lbs of tq. Without the nitrous I Only made 117whp and 135 ft lbs of tq.

Just keep in mind not to spray it in the lower rpms. Also if you didnt gap your rings for nitrous when you had it built you could over expand your rings and crack a ringland with extended use.

619rcr

Reaction score
This is the type of info I was looking for. I didn't even consider ring gap when I built the motor. I think I'll stick with a small squeeze & run just occasionally.

Thanks.

tknightt

Reaction score
this is great info, I'm planning on doing the same except just for the heck of it I'm putting in a water/methanol injection at the same time.

I'm piecing everything one item at a time. For instance I just scored a Jacobs Nitrous Controller which is a progressive controller.

good luck with the build and keep us updated I'm eager to see how yours will turn out.

Back