Anyone use a harbor freight sander before?

jdmcg3

Reaction score
so ive decided to start tackling the task of prepping my car for paint.. started today by hand.. i can already tell theres no way in hell im doing the whole car that way.. but am kinda on a budget right now.. so im wondering if anyone has used a harbor freight sander before? are they any good and do the last? the last time i bought a air tool from there it sucked. it was a impact gun.. it couldnt even break free my hand tightened lug nuts. so i dont want the same problem again..

or if someone wants to let me borrow their sander then that would be even better.. willing to give a deposit and pay for shipping if its a nice one and does the job well.

also anyone got a website where i can get sander paper for the dirt?

Brimstone Brown

Reaction score
How big is your compressor? I run a harbor freight with a 60 gal 6 horse compressor and it does ok. Not great mind you just ok. They consume alot of air so if your using a smaller comp. Be prepared for alot of waiting on that bad boy to build pressure.

rachaelhart

Banned
Reaction score
Air sanders are perfect for working with wood or metal. At Harbor Freight our wide assortment of sanders will help you get any job done whether you’re doing bodywork on a car or refinishing a table. Choose from orbital sanders that are great for rough or finish sanding, or belt sanders that are effective on large surfaces. You can even find self-vacuuming sanders that will collect the dust as you go for a cleaner workspace. Find high-quality sanders at amazing prices at Harbor Freight Tools.:nutkick:

JEER42

Reaction score
What compressor are you going to use, how many CFM? Air sanders use ALOT of air. If you don't know how to prep a car for paint and don't have the right tools, I suggest you let a shop or someone who knows do it for you. I wouldn't waste my money on a Harbor Freight sander BTW.

JediYuhdigg

Reaction score
Hope you're only planning on using this thing once. Maybe its just my bad experience, but a lot of things that i've purchased there to save money only lasted for that one job.

Back