Are my brakes bad?

LCPLPunk

Reaction score
Hey all,

The brakes on my Accord seem very weak compared to my Neon. I just got new pads/rotors installed a few months ago and I didn't feel any improvement in stopping power. I did the brake booster check and it seems to be okay. What else can I check? Anything specific to look for?

Thanks!

Jeffro

Reaction score
I don't know what year neon, but my friend had a 2000 Neon, and all I remember is how stiff everything was. I hated it, but if that's what you're looking for, I doubt you'll find it.

Neight

Reaction score
brake fluild level? make sure you don;t have any ait in the breake lines, maybe next time you can change the fluid and bleed the brakes, that might help.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
I don't particually like honda brake feel on any of the honda's i own. It's not bad, it's not good. I do find that the stopping power is fine, it just feels weak. The main way to get a better petal feel is stainless steal brake lines. People claim it does wonders, i found it to be marginal on my last car, but it's still an improvement.

Bleed your brakes first though, that could be a problem.

LCPLPunk

Reaction score
Hmm..don't they bleed them when the rotors/pads are changed? Like i said that was only a few months ago.

Mainly the problem is the pedal travel. It feels like I have to push almost to the floor until I get full power.

I guess switching from my 4 wheel disc brake Hawk HPSs to my EBC 2 wheel disc messes me up. :p

talontsiawd

Reaction score
If the pedal travel is bad too,it probably needs to be blead. You would normally blead the system when you change pads. But you can easily get air into the system if done wrong as well.

Neight

Reaction score
yeah , agree, it wouldn't hurt to do that too, pretty easy, just get the rite kinda fluid, maybe have a friend help out and you can do it in an hr .

Back