ASAP...header or random technology hi flow

Sonnick

Reaction score
I'm stumped on which to order..I was thinking about a Megan header but my car has 100k miles on it and my cat is prob f'ed. Then i saw someone mention the Random Technology hi flow cat. Hi flow is about twice the price though..Which do you think would serve me better at this point? I have a Weapon R "secret" intake and the Tanabe SHM catback. Thanks for any feedback

Crono139

Reaction score
The cat is probably just rusted to ****. Mine is, and I'm only at 74k miles.

I say get the header.

WhiteAccord

Banned
Reaction score
Headers then cat. That would be my plan of attack. Actually that is already my plan.

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
What state do you live in?? A high flow wont pass inspection unless you know where you can pay to pass. I have a stock header and a Megan Test Pipe, I noticed a gain up top.

p.s. How do you like your Weapon-R Intake?? They're loud little buggers huh??

Sonnick

Reaction score
NY. Yea I like the Weapon R a lot. That along with the catback definitely noticed some butt gains. I can stay in 5th now up hills..it still struggles a little, but I don't drop mph like I used to, and top end definitely gained. I guess I'll start out with the header, then do the random technology hi flow cat..heard nothing but great things about them, esp for our accord

Crono139

Reaction score
Totalimmortal said:
high flow wont pass inspection unless you know where you can pay to pass.

I call bull****.

Read the following.

Random Technology said:
This design, which meets Federal EPA and California ARB requirements, enables virtually any vehicle with a properly tuned engine to meet emissions standards with little, if any power loss (compared to an exhaust with no catalytic converter). Please note that it is illegal to remove a properly functioning catalytic converter and that aftermarket catalytic converters are not legal for installation in California on OBD II vehicles (some 1994 & 1995, and all 1996 and later vehicles).

theaccordian

Reaction score
I say you get rid of those barbells you call wheels, thatll give you mroe gains than any of these mods. no offense :D

But out of the two get the header first. Since youre geeting a megan header thats not carb legal anyway, I say try out the kamikaze 4-1 header ive heard good things bout those.

Sonnick

Reaction score
theaccordian said:
I say you get rid of those barbells you call wheels, thatll give you mroe gains than any of these mods. no offense :D

But out of the two get the header first. Since youre geeting a megan header thats not carb legal anyway, I say try out the kamikaze 4-1 header ive heard good things bout those.
Haha I got rid of em! I got steelies on now..car picks up, but steelies are pretty heavy too, just not near those navigator wheels. I'm saving up for wheels..probably 16" rota slipstreams first, then 5 lug swap and either the 06 accord 5 spokes or older TL type S (look like the same rims :confused: ) I read the 4-1 is more for top end and 4-2-1 more for 'low end.' I like top end, but the low end around town is so much fun, which is why I want the Jet ECU reprogram :p but that's later

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
if youre really gonna come to the meet, wait till then and you can buy my megan high flow off me for $25. i bought it last year, was gonna use it, and changed my mind, dont know why, but i just dont wanna put it on anymore, haha. it is for sale.

4-1 header is top end, 4-2-1 header gives all around power.

Back