AT fluid colors

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
depends which version of the accord autotragic you have. if you have a v6, id prolly sya you should get it changed every 3rd or so oil change? just to keep it clean and whatnot. if you have the 4 banger, maybe like every other month. the 4 banger trannies can go bad, but not as quick or as badly as the v6 ones will.

FallenAngelHIM

Reaction score
Sketch o5 said:
depends which version of the accord autotragic you have. if you have a v6, id prolly sya you should get it changed every 3rd or so oil change? just to keep it clean and whatnot. if you have the 4 banger, maybe like every other month. the 4 banger trannies can go bad, but not as quick or as badly as the v6 ones will.

every 3rd oil change is every 3 months. every other month makes it seem like the I4 is worse. that didn't make sense, but i get you.
well the last time i had it changed was two years ago. so i am thinking of doing it again.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
FallenAngelHIM said:
every 3rd oil change is every 3 months. every other month makes it seem like the I4 is worse. that didn't make sense, but i get you.
well the last time i had it changed was two years ago. so i am thinking of doing it again.

oh sh!t, haha, yea, i got it backwards there. but yea, i would change a 4 bangers fluid maybe 4 times tops per year.

HondaGus

Reaction score
i'm scared to change my tranny oil....

last time i did that RIGHT AFTER the tranny started to slip.

TDotCord

Reaction score
BlkCurrantKord said:
I changed it at like 76K...then the tranny got rebuilt a few months later...haven't changed it since.

EH...I think it's aboot time you changed it again....unless you're really considering the tranny swap!

01accorddx

Reaction score
you should change your tranny fluid every 15k miles for severe driving, which is wat most of us do in this forum, haha, 30k for normal driving, on the hondas there is no filter, like gm's and fords, all there is jus a drain plug wit a magnet on it. thas y we should do it at 15k, the best way to service the tranny is by draining it clean off the magnet, use honda ATF-z1 **** cause it is dif den dexron 3 or mercon has diff. additivies for our trannys, and if you have the extra money $$ go to a lube shop and ask them if they have a tranny flush machine, jus bring your own 2 cases of honda atf fluid and have them use that to flush out the whole tranny and torque converter. you should only do the flush if you have been servicing your tranny every 30k or have less den 100k miles, cause sometimes when you do a flush and your tranny has internal damage, your tranny will run like sht, and be slipping. Tranny fluid is a red color but all it is a dye, so if it is light brown the fluid is okay, jus cause of the tranny color doesnt mean its bad, it should always go by mileage and time.

steadypimpin

Reaction score
I had mine changed a couple months ago, I dont see why you should do it every 3 months?!?!?! Thats a lot!!!

Back