ATTN: theaccordian Sig

shavedaccord

Reaction score
Yeah my poor little 11.6 connection I can see lumps coming through the phone line when I have to download something haha..damn 1.5kb/s

theaccordian

Reaction score
shavedaccord said:
Yeah my poor little 11.6 connection I can see lumps coming through the phone line when I have to download something haha..damn 1.5kb/s

that really sucks man, I cut my time down surfing the web by like 70% with DSL, so in oregeon there is no other option besides 56k?

shavedaccord

Reaction score
theaccordian said:
that really sucks man, I cut my time down surfing the web by like 70% with DSL, so in oregeon there is no other option besides 56k?
Well oregon is there but in my area there isn't which is the problem. I'm exactly 1/4 mile out of range for Cable, 5 miles out of range for wireless, About 20 miles out for DSL same goes for ISDN & Satellite internet is availible but I have trees around my house so paying $90 a month and $500 for a dish for internet that will have a severe latency and probably not work half the time just is not worh it. Plus i'd still need to keep my dial-up for upload.

6THGEN_AI4

shavedaccord said:
Lost me there. Unless you mean save as a lower quality

Now you find yourself!!! and yeah you actually save it as a lower quality but I just wanted to be clear. LOL I'm not an expert on this...
untitledqq4.jpg

angelplus

Reaction score
Jeffro said:
Must suck. My in-laws can't get cable or DSL either, but Satellite is available :thumbsup: (And expensive as heck, I might add)

satellite is almost slower then dial up

Jeffro

Reaction score
Eh, my friend that had satellite said it was better than 56k but worse than cable. The problem was that it was like, $70 a month, plus $300 up front non-refundable or soemthing like that...

shavedaccord

Reaction score
Jeffro said:
Eh, my friend that had satellite said it was better than 56k but worse than cable. The problem was that it was like, $70 a month, plus $300 up front non-refundable or soemthing like that...
Depends on the company. Some are upwards of $99 a month with a $700 dish..plus $15 extra a month for a dialup account so you can upload

Back