audio curiosity

mkdb89-02se

Reaction score
ok so im doing a audio upgrade,

decided 2 go with mid woofers front and rrear

now i need to figure out what i need for the capacitor
i knw that with my old system i wasnt in need for one but now i am pushing alot more out than before
not sure how they are rated but will this work
http://cgi.ebay.com/Bullz-Audio-BCA...530?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item45fb7389b2
o btw im running roughly 1400 rms rating total
1000rms on sub and 340ish on mid-woofers+tweet

Last edited:

Gil'sCG6

Reaction score
look into component 6.5 inch speakers those have crossovers (the resistor things your talking about) they are fully adjustable to play at different ranges (more bass, less bass, no bass at all etc) look up a pair of components in your size for the front doors, all of them come with seperate tweeters. You dont need much bass from the interior speakers obviously because you have a powerfull sub as is so i would focus on a good set of components now so your system isnt just mostly bass which im guessing it must be now considering they are stock interior speakers.

mkdb89-02se

Reaction score
thats exactly what im sayn, bass is over powering, but i still need good mids and highs
thought about adding tweets and new 6.5 and 6x9s

got another question i have a sony receiver(does the job)
i figured the receiver can handle the front 6.5 but shld i get a small amp for 6x9s
or just go ahead and get a 4 channel for all 4

hancockd

SLO CG2
Reaction score
thats exactly what im sayn, bass is over powering, but i still need good mids and highs
thought about adding tweets and new 6.5 and 6x9s

got another question i have a sony receiver(does the job)
i figured the receiver can handle the front 6.5 but shld i get a small amp for 6x9s
or just go ahead and get a 4 channel for all 4

I personally will never run speakers directly off of a head unit ever again..... they sound so much better being powered by an actual amp

mkdb89-02se

Reaction score
really, thanks that settles that part
i knw some people dnt even run 6x9s they just put 6.5s
anybody know pros and cons to this

2000BlackCoupe

Reaction score
im running 2 ****ty kenwood 6.5's in the doors, amplified, and took out the rear speakers and gave them to my brother. haven't looked back. I'm not sure what the pros and cons of this are to be honest, but it has to do with staging :lawl:

NotNice

Reaction score
just get your interiors hooked to a small amp. i put 5 pioneer 6x9's in my car. 2 in the rear slots and 3 in a custom box behind the seat. all hooked up to a 300watt amp sounds pretty dam clean with an equalizer.

mkdb89-02se

Reaction score
staging?

and my 85 chevy truck has 6 6x9s in its lol, not what i want in my car, just tryn to get lots of bass with mids and highs to match

xx24xx

Reaction score
Yeah staging. Like you want the music to sound like its coming from in front of you, like your at a concert. The need for rear fill (or rear speakers) varies from one listener to another. If you care what your rear passengers hear then it matters. If so ditch the 6x9s for another set of components. The thought of using the back glass to bounce all the sound from the rear forward makes me quiver. You can adjust the way speakers sound through time alignment and crossover points. I watch movies with my components up front and it sounds great.

Back