audio interference noise (buzzing) help!

lashlee

Reaction score
The problem could also be in an individual component. You could also start by simplifying things and add back components until you get the noise. Noise will never be induced on the speaker wire since the impedance is so low on a speaker wire. This is also the other reason why high output decks usually have low impedance outputs.

matty2013

Reaction score
For starters, chassis grounding points should be checked to ensure that bare metal is exposed and that they are secure. Battery grounding point(s) should be checked for corrosion. It may be a completely different issue, so hopefully some others can chime in as well with possible solutions.

def not corrosion, I just purchased a new battery and new terminals, and redid my ring terminals and re-sanded my ground points and still having the issue.

hotaccord243

Reaction score
it does happen when the RCA cables are unplugged from the unit, but also when they are plugged into the unit, so would that be a determining factor of the bad H/U or should i still try a new pair of RCA's before anything else?

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
I used 2 seperate grounds for both amps, both are 4 gauge wires with gold ring terminals, and I made sure to sand off the paint where I mounted them.
Could 1 single speaker wire passing too close to my positive wire cause interference in ALL the speakers, or just the ONE speaker?
have you tried using the same ground point for your amps?

i have my speaker wire on the drivers side right next to the power cable :lawl: there was a whine but it went away once i put in my components (now THATS weird :thinking: )...
it does happen when the RCA cables are unplugged from the unit, but also when they are plugged into the unit, so would that be a determining factor of the bad H/U or should i still try a new pair of RCA's before anything else?
have you tried grounding the headunit? grounding the RCAs?

hotaccord243

Reaction score
how would you ground the headunit? there's a ground that comes from the wiring harness that i used....

and grounding the RCA's.... how just have a wire for each side front/back and tie them into one ground?

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
ground the head unit (wire that comes out of the unit...leave the one on the "car side" alone) to some metal in the car...check out the thread here http://forum.ecoustics.com/bbs/messages/4/13056.html

grounding RCAs involves just wrapping some wire around the outside of the plug ends (while plugged in...not to the "tips") then grounding em.

here's a troubleshooting thread i found while googling...maybe there's something of interest in it to anyone with noise issues? http://forum.ecoustics.com/bbs/messages/4/344820.html

hotaccord243

Reaction score
now this is what i was told let me know if this is correct.....

To test the components:

pull all RCA cords from the amplifier, if no sound is heard, amp is bad

pull RCA cords from the head unit, if no sounds is heard, h/u is bad

if both times sound exists when you pull all the wires from one side, and then the other then it is the RCA's and i should buy new ones, instead of grounding the RCA's or anything like that.....

is that correct or am i accidentally switching things around?

hotaccord243

Reaction score
i just went through every single ground and cleaned it off and eliminated any potential problem there coming from off the amp, off the battery, and off the headunit, and no luck....

i'm still gonna try the seperate ground onto the cars chasis rather than into the wiring harness and see if that does anything, i'm taking the amp in to get tested today....

the only thing i have left is the HU as the problem or the amp.... everything else works fine becuase i haven't changed a thing since the old system, just new wiring harness for the deck, RCA's, deck and amp, so i think i have limited it either the deck or the amp....

i will let you know what i find out tomorrow, i appreciate all the help

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Matt, I'm not wiring expert, so other than trying some of the suggestions that Ryan has posted, not sure what else to suggest to find/fix the problem.

Hopefully both of you guys can let us know once you get the issue(s) fixed, I'm sure it will be useful information for the future.

lashlee

Reaction score
Like I said, if you unhooked the RCA's with the radio on you probably toasted the piezo resistor in the radio and no amount of rewiring will fix it. Try another radio and somehow wire it in using all of the other wiring and see if it goes away.

Back