Audio Upgrade/Installation

Euro-R_CL1

Reaction score
that looks like a great place for it bro and you wont half to worry about that insulation,

Euro-R_CL1

Reaction score
needs to be within 18" of the battery :coffee: the closer the better...

agreed but if he dosnt feel comfortable cutting that first pice of insulation then hes sol lol, im still confused why kicker wouldn't attach the fuse holder for you, seeing as thats out of a kit no?

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Should look to mount it on the battery tray, or the wheel well.

As we all know, zip ties can do anything, so, even to the battery try may be an option for you. A more secure mount is ideal of course.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
agreed but if he dosnt feel comfortable cutting that first pice of insulation then hes sol lol, im still confused why kicker wouldn't attach the fuse holder for you, seeing as thats out of a kit no?
exactly! mind = blown

who approved that idea at kicker? :tumbleweed:

xX_AccordLx_Xx

Reaction score
Yeah I'm with you, I've seen other kits with the inline fuse already attached idk why Kicker didn't do it as well.

Now I know its supposed to be within 18" of the battery, but like I said its got the techflex around the first couple inches and I'm not terribly confident in cutting and stripping that. And although if I go the route of attaching the fuse to the regular rubber wire section, it still is in the engine bay and not in the inside of the car.

So the question is should I risk installing the fuse holder still inside the engine bay on the easier regular wire which will be around 28" from battery. Or although not too confident, try to attach it to the techflex portion of the wire which i could do within 18". Lemme know guys!:thinking:

xX_AccordLx_Xx

Reaction score
Sorry for not updating been busy last couple days back at college now, but yeah finished everything up, ended up just cutting through the techflex wire which wasent too bad, and mounted on wheel well.

IMG00193-20110322-1924.jpg

Everything's installed, trunk aint lookin to pretty cause had to cut some carpet on side were amp mounted but should be a quick fix with re-carpeting or w.e I decide to do back there. Sounding amazing and real happy with it, posted some updated pics on first page. Now cant wait for summer so I can get ma subs in :run:

Dynamite

Reaction score
for your head unit did you have to modify the dash kit at all to get it to fit? I just got a avh-p4300dvd and it is square but the dash kit i got is rounded :huh: it fits the honda hole fine but the head unit wont fit. im thinking im going to have to notch it out with a dremmel

Back