Auto tranny question

white beauty

Reaction score
alright, since i absolutley hate the auto tranny on my car, and cant really afford to swap to a 5speed, latley ive been just shifting it, from 1 to 2 and so on and downshifting also, cant really explain it but i like driving it that way better, basically what i want to know is if this is going to kill my tranny, or hurt it in anyway, thanks

5spdcoupe

Reaction score
I think its the best way to kill your tranny besides going directly from forward to reverse.

white beauty

Reaction score
**** not really what i wanted to hear, thankfully i have a three year warranty on it since its my second tranny

WhiteAccord

Banned
Reaction score
Ive been doing it for the past two years... supposidely it kills it but no problem here....

Tx_Accord98

Reaction score
the ecu still shifts for u, so i don't see the problem. it just holds each gear just a little longer. i've been doing it for 5yrs or more.

white beauty

Reaction score
the ecu still shifts for u, so i don't see the problem. it just holds each gear just a little longer. i've been doing it for 5yrs or more.

thats good to hear, but im getting to the point where im doing it while im daily driving, not just racing or when i driving fast, is this what ur doing as well

Back