Auto...turbo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

theaccordian

Reaction score
Then again if were talking turbo all the hardcore dragsters run fully built auto trannies. I hear that a fully built auto Supra is faster than a manual Supra. But if

your going NA autos are the sh*tz

Tekmatic

Reaction score
Dumb

klee said:
Haven't installed one yet. Between each run I've been spraying it down with water. Obviously not as effective as a tranny cooler but it's better than nothing.

I had to register just to tell everyone how dumb that idea is. Are you wanting to warp your tranny?

That's like putting cold water into an overheating radiator!

angelplus

Reaction score
whitey2kaccord said:
Or you could be a weirdo and "shift" thru the automatic gears. 1-2-D3-D4... :D :D

Don't laugh, all us auto guys have done it. :cool:

lmfao who hasn't? Unless you're gay enought to stick it in Neutral at a stop light to roll backwards to make it look like you have a stick lmao :eek: :eek: :eek:

NINaudio

Reaction score
Get a stick, the auto trans in these cars are not very good. Most people end up having to get them replaced or repaired at some point. There are a few people with autos who haven't had any trouble, but they seem to be the exception.

99accordvtec

Reaction score
pshhh

im hoping you have a car by now, but if not, turbomatic is money. i got the FMAX kit and im running on 7lbs of boost right now and i can hang with plenty of cars.. the tranny has been fine, trans temps are fine, and i dont even have a tranny cooler. however, im only doing this until i have time to do an auto to manual swap myself. college doesnt really allow time.

671CG5

Reaction score
Get a 5spd to begin with... less head ache in the long run!

Im going to do a 5spd swap and it's a B***H especially the wiring!

Try your best keep looking!

budwink222

Reaction score
i currently have a 5spd in my coupe it has its ups and downs first its gives u something to do while driveing plus alottt funner.... yet i was noticing this the other day when i was in boston that it sucks to keep pushing in the cluth and this and that in traffic jams. but in the long run the advantages cancel the disadvantages . plus u dont wanna be like alot of the guys on here wishing they went with a 5spd mt in the first place and now they are putting up with either the bs doing a swap or stuck with an auto just my .02

and for high hp cars like supras and stuff A/T is the quickest way to put down big power for reasons like we cant shift fast enough ect but i dont really think u will have that much prob in ur accord unless ur putting down 450 whp

angelplus

Reaction score
stop bringing these OLD *** threads up.. i hate this thread more then anything on this forum. ARGH!!!! Thanks for letting us know that our trannys suck for the billionth time that i've heard it.

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
there are more turbo'd auto accords out there than you'd imagine, for what its worth. its definitely doable.

i'm from the peninsula... and there have been quite a few times I was stuck in traffic on 64 and was glad I didn't have a stick. I'm sure it'd be the same in nova

edit: damn this is an old topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back