Autocad users chime in!

legendaryyaj

Reaction score
Ok well there's gotta be some people in here that knows CAD.

I just have a minor problem that I cant figure out.

I have a project drawing that needs to be plotted and I dont know how to accomplish it. Im doing a 3d model that has to be plotted with a border and title block. Thing is, how do you plot 3d with iso views with a title block and border.

Im not that good at using cad yet so Im in need of some help.

If I insert the 3d drawing into my paper space with the title block the drawing wont go 3d. One example my exploded view, if I click the iso view, the title block shifts into iso with the object and I dont want that. I just want the 3d to go iso.

I tried model space and doing viewports but when you do that, you reinsert the whole thing with the title block.

In short, I just want to plot my 3d drawing with my border and title block but I cant get it to do that. The border and title block goes iso with my 3d drawing.

Someone please help!

changaroo

Reaction score
put the title block / border on paper space, and the sio views on model space

is that what youre trying to get at?

CHID0

Reaction score
put the viewport boxes on the defpoints layer

ryon527

Reaction score
is it something simple? maybe I could draw it up quick for you on solidworks 2008 when i'm at work.

legendaryyaj

Reaction score
is it something simple? maybe I could draw it up quick for you on solidworks 2008 when i'm at work.

Man I REALLY do appreciate that offer but it isn't, kinda.

It's for my projects class so that I can graduate. I chose to draw a 1 man inflatable pontoon. I needed detail drawings along with full assembly and exploded drawings. The detail drawings are easy but its just getting the 3d full and exploded drawings that are getting me. I just cant manage to plot the drawings.

legendaryyaj

Reaction score
Can u change the viewport box to not print / hide them in the layers palette?

I have no idea. I usually dont really play with the layers.

If anything with layers, its just for text, centerline, and hidden lines.

Im still just a basic user.

I think going to have to go the ghetto way. Im going to plot my title block and border then run it through again this time plotting only my 3d object scaled to fit my sheet size. :ownedrun:

Back