Automatic Windows with FOB

AccordUser

Reaction score
Okay. I have already tried this on my accord. but no luck.

My sister who has a 98 nissan maxima but has never had a FOB for hers recently acquired one for her bday (I bought it for her).

On a side note, I will be buying a ridgeline here in the next couple months when my conscience clears. a feature that is standard to the ridgelines is its ability to for the windows to auto roll down and go up with the FOB without keys in the ignition.

With my sisters FOB, after i programmed it to her 1998 nissan maxima, I tried this with hers to see (I was curious). IT WORKED! even though it ONLY rolls down the front two windows, but doesnt roll them back up, its better than nothing. its a 1998!!!!

Has anyone heard of a 6th gen being able to do this? If so, I was curious if there was an add-on module to buy.

FYI, on the nissan maxima, they are called 'convenience packages' (the ones equipped with this feature).

xci.ed6

Reaction score
I found an add-on module for this feature, but Ican't remember where. They had a bunch of cool gadget type things for cars.

I would really like to open up one of the Accord BCM's to see what kind of hacks are possible, I'd rather have a fully programmable BCM than ECM. We're missing out on a lot of features that are only software.

AccordUser

Reaction score
I found an add-on module for this feature, but Ican't remember where. They had a bunch of cool gadget type things for cars.

I would really like to open up one of the Accord BCM's to see what kind of hacks are possible, I'd rather have a fully programmable BCM than ECM. We're missing out on a lot of features that are only software.

agreed. i will continue looking for this module. thanks for the feedback.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Look into a 'window roll-up module'

I still can't find that site I was browsing.

AccordUser

Reaction score
$140!!!!!!! Thanks for finding it. I think I will just stick with my windows as they are. I was thinkning it would be around $50-$80. but $140. NO THANKS!!!

Mikey

Reaction score
It really is a nifty thing to have though. And, honestly, $150 isn't too bad to be able to roll my windows up/down with a fob AND have auto up/down.

Try getting both features installed at a shop. $150 won't be nothing compared to that.

Back