AUX from stock head unit...?

KSKENE247

Reaction score
Ive searched all over the web and this site and can't seem to find anything. I have the stock head unit in my 2000 accord se (which has the cassette player and CD player). I did this with a friend in his GTI and it makes me feel like it is possible in our hondas also. He bought a plug which replaced the plug from the CD changer which has an AUX male plug on the end of it. So it replaced his CD player with an auxiliary cord. I want to do this but just cut the two wires and wire my own AUX cord to it. Does anyone on here know which plug/ wires it would be to do this? I know it's cheap to get a new head unit and I already have the cassette to AUX but im not trying to do either of those. If anyone has any help or opinions, please share them. In the meantime im gunna go cut some wires.

KSKENE247

Reaction score
Ok well to all who took the time to help... THANKS hahahaha.
I went out and like i said, started cutting wires and shockingly i made some progress.

As you can see, if you are looking at the blue connector, there is red, white and grey wires on the left side. I cut all 3 of these and went for it. I used test clips to try it out and attached the red and white to my iphone and played music. NOTHING. I attached the ground to the iphone connector and still nothing. Then i attached the ground to the CD player, blue connector, AND the iphone jack and WABAM it worked. kinda... it only plays with a CD in and plays both the CD and the ipod.. frustrating but nothing I wont be able to fix with a little more time. Once i get it figured out 100% i will post a DIY. All i have to do from here is find some other audio out cord and cut it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/60714204@N02/6043913060/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/60714204@N02/6043363099/

F23A1AT

Reaction score
You waited exactly two hours and got sarcastic? Glad you found what you were looking for though.

KSKENE247

Reaction score
You waited exactly two hours and got sarcastic? Glad you found what you were looking for though.

Yea, im not one that that spends much time waiting. If i made a mistake and someone posted how to do it right, then i know where i went wrong.

I ended up cutting every single wire on the connector and I am lost, haha. It continues to play both the ipod and CD simultaneously.
Since in order for the ipod to play, a CD must be playing, i just burnt a blank cd filled with muted tracks. Works perfect! No use in making a DIY, but if anyone is actually interested in doing this pm me, or ask for me to make it a diy. It cost way less than a tape deck to AUX, sounds better, and is essentially effortless.

Back