Axel problem?

haccord13

Reaction score
So i just recently had to change my axel since it gave out, but now that the new one is in when i drive it feels like if the wheel was dented until i hit 20mph. after I pass that speed it drives fine. i'm wondering if anyone else had this problem? Before the change it drove fine even while driving with ripped axel
(Axel is from Auto Zone and bought new one)

james'99

Reaction score
Is your axle fully seated in the transmission? Is the axle bolt torqued to spec or at least driven down with an impact gun?

haccord13

Reaction score
I'm not sure I took it to someone but he will be checking it today. I'm just not sure if it's his fault or bad axel

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
"when i drive it feels like if the wheel was dented"

What do you mean by this exactly?

haccord13

Reaction score
when the car is under 20 mph i can feel the wheel moving like if the wheel was dented from a pothole you can feel it swerve/vibrate but once i pass that speed you don't feel it.

haccord13

Reaction score
Checked lug nuts they are tight but feels like if it they were loose. So I took it back to the mechanic who did the axel but he didn't comply with me he just blamed me for being low. I took it to get alignment but they said alignment I had done was still good so I'm thinking its the axel probably gonna get my hands dirty and take it off today

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I can't think of any reasons why the vibration would stop after 20mph if anything he removed for an axle job was put back loose. So you inspected the lugs, I'd make sure the axle nut was tightened down, as well as the castle nut on bottom of the lower ball joint, and make sure the axle was inserted properly.

Ericthecarguy has a great DIY video for axles on YouTube, worked well for me when I did mine.

WHEEELMAN

Reaction score
I'm going to say that Autozone axle is bad. Sometimes a re-manufactured axle is out of balance, or not straight. That is why I recommend to buy new ones, not a reman/regrind.

OEM's are pretty cheap right now or, go with RAXLES.com. If Marty, the owner, still works at RAXLES he will hook you up. He is super friendly.

Back